Thread: !! DIY Transmission Fluid Change !!

!! DIY Transmission Fluid Change !!

For those of you that need a step by step procedure in changing your Tranny fluid.....Check this out!

http://www.dezinetech.org/w202

I did this over the weekend and found it to be very simple and yet many people don't know where to begin.... Click on the link and you should have your Tranny fluid change in no time! Good Luck!

very nice write up and illustrations. Im sure the members will find it very useful when doing their transmission fluid change.

nenad

Isn't it true that on some transmissions for the w202 the tranny fluid did not have to be changed as it was for the life of the tranny?

Excellant write up though....

any diff if its a c280?

wow great job
    2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE

it says its life time, but you would be smart to change it at least every 20k, I mean I only paid 150 to have it changed with redline tranny fluid, which is costly in itself, so I figure one a year would not be much of an expense.....
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Originally posted by mbLova
    Isn't it true that on some transmissions for the w202 the tranny fluid did not have to be changed as it was for the life of the tranny?

Excellant write up though....

any diff if its a c280?

According to what the manufacturer says, yes...but according to forums like these where you meet real people with real problems...NO. My 99 c230k is considered to be one of those maintenance free tranny but...when I took the tranny pan off, the fluid was very dark and filmy..MB A/T fluid is red...And besides..I felt my tranny jump from time to time when i came to a complete stop and when I put it on reverse.....

So even when some owners says "if it ain't broke, don't fix".....I say it's your tranny - not mine... And if you do your research long enough...you'll see that every fluid, no matter how it's being used, must be change due time.....

Great write up and well put together...thanks for putting that up for everyone.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Good right up! Unfortunately he C43's don't have a drain plug on the Tq converter like the other C-Classes! I usually have to change mine often and at 4 qts at a time.Speedy Benz I think has a write up on this.

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
    Good right up! Unfortunately he C43's don't have a drain plug on the Tq converter like the other C-Classes! I usually have to change mine often and at 4 qts at a time.Speedy Benz I think has a write up on this.
    c43 does have a drain on the torque converter, you need to spin it around by cranking the engine and it will appear!!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Man you rock. This really helps!

Re: !! DIY Transmission Fluid Change !!

Originally posted by dezinetech1000
    For those of you that need a step by step procedure in changing your Tranny fluid.....Check this out!

http://www.dezinetech.org/w202

I did this over the weekend and found it to be very simple and yet many people don't know where to begin.... Click on the link and you should have your Tranny fluid change in no time! Good Luck!
    It appears that this domain expired and was re-registered by an unrelated party on 11/16/2007.

If anyone has a copy of the step by step procedure, PLEASE let me know as I have obtained the supplies needed and am ready to do the job.

(I can post it on one of my web sites giving appropriate credit if permission is granted.)
    1999 C43 AMG Black - sold
    - Eagle Eyes: BZ055 Clear Corners with LED 2357A, BZ062 Tails with LEDs; LED lic. lamps
    - VVME H7 4300K HID/Xenon Lower Driving & Low Beams (& replaced Halogen Lenses with OEM Xenon Lenses)
    - Sylvania SilverStar H1 High Beams
    - Silver Star Re-man and improved Trans./Conv.
    - Eibach Pro-Kit & Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads in Front
    1999 C280 Sport Black - sold
    2005 E55 AMG Black for fun
    2007 GL450 Carneol Red for hauling!

This looks like it will help:
    http://www.mercedesshop.com/Wikka/Trans7226Fluid
    1999 C43 AMG Black - sold
    - Eagle Eyes: BZ055 Clear Corners with LED 2357A, BZ062 Tails with LEDs; LED lic. lamps
    - VVME H7 4300K HID/Xenon Lower Driving & Low Beams (& replaced Halogen Lenses with OEM Xenon Lenses)
    - Sylvania SilverStar H1 High Beams
    - Silver Star Re-man and improved Trans./Conv.
    - Eibach Pro-Kit & Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads in Front
    1999 C280 Sport Black - sold
    2005 E55 AMG Black for fun
    2007 GL450 Carneol Red for hauling!

Re: Re: !! DIY Transmission Fluid Change !!

Originally posted by Kropf
    It appears that this domain expired and was re-registered by an unrelated party on 11/16/2007.

If anyone has a copy of the step by step procedure, PLEASE let me know as I have obtained the supplies needed and am ready to do the job.

(I can post it on one of my web sites giving appropriate credit if permission is granted.)
    Yeah, about that.. I sorta forgot about that site.. been really busy.. but I got my info from the link that's posted above at mercedesshop.com... I just modified it with more illustrations and more tips... but the link at mercedesshops.com should be good enough. If you need help along the way.. just email me.. In the future I will be posting up DIY videos... stay tuned...