Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C 200K (192hp) 1997 W202 Pulley tuning

Question C 200K (192hp) 1997 W202 Pulley tuning

Hi all, I would like to upgrade my 2.0lt Kompressor engine (m111) without messing with pistons etc. The only reasonable way in time and money with no big risks taken seems to be the pulley kit upgrade and the ECU superchip upgrade. They say you gain up to 40hp but all i came across was scattered information. Any comments, advice and European dealers? I would really appreciate any websites or links and maybe some prices. Thanks a lot.

Welcome!...London,havent seen many from there!,enjoy your stay

Are you sure its a C200K,or did somone add an SC to your C200?
    there are a few other easy ways to make alittle HP,like some Extractors/exhaust(supersprint) and a "decent" intake(custom)
    how much you got to spend?
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Its definitely a 2.0lt kompressor with 192hp, My dad :beard: was the first owner! Anyway i have about 1500 euros to spend on the engine. Cheers mate. ...Your car is fantastic.

your 2.0K develops more power than my 2.3K? that's not right!

Originally posted by NEA-4311
    Its definitely a 2.0lt kompressor with 192hp, My dad :beard: was the first owner! Anyway i have about 1500 euros to spend on the engine. Cheers mate. ...Your car is fantastic.
    hey thanks!,
    its alittle odd to see a 2L kompressor in a W202,do you have C200 on the trunk?
    1500 is a great start for mods!,I would definatly go with a good header and exhaust!,intake will help but it all depends on your situation,the pully kit is also a good way to go as long as you do the chip as well though you would be best to talk to "SlammedC" about that!...
    after those mods are complete and your still HP hungry,then you'll need big moolah to go further...
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

perhaps we're assuming it's a W202 when we're really talking about a w203?

NEA, care to clear things up for us?

edit: well, guess we're talking about a w202 since the avatar's a w202...hmm, I too am curious as to the production of w202 C200 Ks...ah and then there's the thread title...I really need to start paying attention here

In any case, you see how useful our (mostly) US perspectives can be...I might suggest a visit to our friends at www.mbclub.co.uk who have quite a bit more experience with the C200 K.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by 23K
    the pully kit is also a good way to go as long as you do the chip as well
    I don't know that i've ever seen a pulley or chip for a C200k. Maybe the one from the 230 would work? it's still the M111 motor. I just don't get why he has a smaller cc than we do.

I HAVE A W202 C200 KOMPRESSOR (1998cc).

192 HP vs 193 HP of 230K if I well remember!

That's a special engine released, as I know, for few market: Italy (here), and Portugal. Mainly due to tax reason at that time.

After discussion at mb.club.co.uk it seems that in UK this engine were not available at that stage of power, they have anly W202 C200K depowered to 163HP.

But you confirm the contrary!

Please post at that english forum!!

As far as engine modification I don't know sorry. I feel it OK.

I'm wondering if supercharger is different respect C230K!?

Hi

Originally posted by K_Sport Driver
    your 2.0K develops more power than my 2.3K? that's not right!
    that's not true, you should have 193HP isn't it?

185hp 205 tq I believe are the stock numbers for the 230k

185hp 205 tq I believe are the stock numbers for the 230k
    Here in Europe 230K come from factory with 193hp and 280Nm (should be 206 tq).

1998K is right, (You have done your homework )This WAS a special engine and was only available in Italy, Portugal and Greece. Maybe in 1-2 more countries, i doubt it though. K_Sport Driver's engine was on the E-Class W210 in these countries, 2000cc 186 hp, same motor, less hp but more torgue. Both engines where available for a limited time only, a couple of years i think. After that, everything became 163 hp... (bugger!). Its so strange that you only have 185 hp, and C230 Kompressor's do have 193 hp (even W203's). But then again we dont know whats going on in America either. :P

mine's a 2299cc motor with a supercharger, developing 185hp. odd how they'd equip our cars with different motors. the E classes over here i think start at 3.2's and go up from there. putting a 2L in that big a car just doesn't make sense!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    hey thanks!,
    its alittle odd to see a 2L kompressor in a W202,do you have C200 on the trunk?
    1500 is a great start for mods!,I would definatly go with a good header and exhaust!,intake will help but it all depends on your situation,the pully kit is also a good way to go as long as you do the chip as well though you would be best to talk to "SlammedC" about that!...
    after those mods are complete and your still HP hungry,then you'll need big moolah to go further...
    I dotn even know if anyone has pulley kits for the smaller displacement M111 Kompressors!.. you would have to search around for some info.. maybe contact Kleemann, Brabus, Renntec driectly..
    but Id definetly recommend a pulley and chip upgrade.. you can maximize the pullies full potential with a chip.
    Im surprised at the figures you have given fot your HP and torque ratings.. more then a stock 2.3L!!
    but all european cars are tuned.. plus lack of emisisons regulations helps too.. all europena motors have more power then the north american counterparts..
    for sure pulley and chip.. also intake and exhaust will help too... but with a 1500 pocket book.. I think all you may be able to afford right now is the pulley and chip.
    you will be very pleased with the results.
    my car pulls pretty hard with my Kleemann pulley and upsolute chip. Im still hp hungry though!!.. so cams and header are next.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

My uncle has the W210 E-Class with the 186 hp engine and its pretty fast, its really ok. Anyway though, about the pulley kit and the chip, I e-mailed upsolute and they told me that i need to send my ECU to them because they dont have any dealers near the location of the car. And about the pulley kit, i contacted Carlsson and they told me that they no longer make pulley kits or superchips for the W202, they dont even have anything under "engines" in their site... The ony thing i could find is this

http://www.carlsson.de/en/motor/benzin/ck23bis.php

http://www.carlsson.de/en/motor/benzin/ck20bis.php

About the Kleemann pulley kit, is that what you re wearing Slammed_C? (link)

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/Main/tun...erformancekits

I cant seem to find anything under ECU upgrades for my motor either. Crap! :bored: Maybe you can help me out with some links?

OG Moderator
    My uncle has the W210 E-Class with the 186 hp engine and its pretty fast, its really ok. Anyway though, about the pulley kit and the chip, I e-mailed upsolute and they told me that i need to send my ECU to them because they dont have any dealers near the location of the car. And about the pulley kit, i contacted Carlsson and they told me that they no longer make pulley kits or superchips for the W202, they dont even have anything under "engines" in their site... The ony thing i could find is this

http://www.carlsson.de/en/motor/benzin/ck23bis.php

http://www.carlsson.de/en/motor/benzin/ck20bis.php

About the Kleemann pulley kit, is that what you re wearing Slammed_C? (link)

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/Main/tun...erformancekits

I cant seem to find anything under ECU upgrades for my motor either. Crap! :bored: Maybe you can help me out with some links?
    you are going to be shit out of luck my friend.. Kleemann no longer makes teh M111 W202 tuning kit any more. as Im sure all of the other benz tuners have stopped making kits for the M111 W202 as well.
    the only way you will get one is if you happen to find someone with old stock laying around.. and even then you wont find much.
    the best bet is to go custom with a crank pulley.
    the kleemann link you have included is for the W203 M271 inline 4 Kompressor motor.. wont work on your car.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Going custom, you mean to make a crank pulley? I dont like that kind of experiments on my car... I dont think I can find anything used from anyone either... Do you know any reliable source for making a pulley kit for my car? Do you think it will work? Because I think that I must make the whole set of pulleys, including the Kompressor one in order to get it to spin faster in the same revs, right? Cheers mate.

OG Moderator
    Going custom, you mean to make a crank pulley? I dont like that kind of experiments on my car... I dont think I can find anything used from anyone either... Do you know any reliable source for making a pulley kit for my car? Do you think it will work? Because I think that I must make the whole set of pulleys, including the Kompressor one in order to get it to spin faster in the same revs, right? Cheers mate.
    as long as you can find a well known machine shop in your area, you wont have any issues with the pulley upgrade.
    yes I mean make a crankshaft pulley. either have a complete crank pulley machined, or have your existing one modified like some of the tuners do. check out dynospot and aps for pulleys for your car.
    I may be able to source you a custom pulley for your car.. but Id need to know some things from you about your engine.
    stock crank pulley diameter, stock boost rating.
    I may be making a clone of my pulley kit.. but still not too sure if I want to.
    Id need to have some interest in the idea.. Id need to have a few buyers that are willing.
    honestly.. you dont need a full set of replacement pullies.. you only need the one for the crank. the larger diameter crank pulley (for supercharger pulley) spins the charger faster to create more boost. there is no need to have a pulley made for the supercharger itself unless you want to eliminate the clutch.

Hahah no i wouldnt want to eliminate the clutch! Unfortunately I wont be able to get near my car for a week so I cant give you this info right away. Its all stock so you should be able to find the specs especially if you re planning to do it for others as well. And if it works then yes, i would like to buy your crank pulley clone. You can post a thread and see what other members have to say about it. Next week I ll try to see if I can find some machine or tuning shops in my area and i ll check dynospot and aps. Im putting 18s on next week so i must do sth fast in order for my car to be faster too! Thanks dude.

1998K is right, (You have done your homework )This WAS a special engine and was only available in Italy, Portugal and Greece. Maybe in 1-2 more countries, i doubt it though.
    thanks thanks! but you're in London, so how is possiblle you have also an 1998cc kompressed engine with 192HP?

[i], and C230 Kompressor's do have 193 hp (even W203's). [/B]
    latest 193HP engine in W203 come from an 1.8l engine, isn't it

Hi

the E classes over here i think start at 3.2's and go up from there. putting a 2L in that big a car just doesn't make sense!
    yes I understand and agree but W210 2L supercharged at 192HP was still a brillant car.

...consider that here we had W210 2L (no supercharget) with I belive abt 136 HP! no good.

today W211 are available with 1.8L supercharged 163HP still no good for me.

Im located in London but my car is in Greece. I live in both countries but im Greek originally.

Im located in London but my car is in Greece. I live in both countries but im Greek originally.
    OK now is all clear!

How many C200K W202 do you have in greece? I means if it's quite common or not.

What's your? Elegance, Sport Classic or Esprit?

Hi

We dont have many W202's 192hp Kompressor's but we have quite a few SLK's 192hp Kompressor's which are more popular cars but still have the same motor. Some E's and CLK's too. Mine is the Esprit, Automatic. I enherit it from my dad 2 years ago (Im 25) and so far Ive had ICE installed, two tone leather interior (black with grey in the middle), looks awesome, some chrome in the dash, white dials, AMG Knob and pedals, Avantagarde look grill and clear clusters (original cluster look but white. Its 149 Polar white so it looks quite nice. Also facelift front and rear bumpers (still looking for sideskirts) and I just bought a set of 18's, 8.5J, the classic German style "Y" spoked with polished lip. I will put them on next week, I might post some photos if I work out how! :P Whats your car like?

lol my dad bought an E-Class W211 E320 4matic Avantgarde (I LOVE the airmatic and the Glass roof), and still likes my car's power delivery! Its sharper and feels way faster, he says! The E-class only has 224hp with 4WD! It is faster though.

We dont have many W202's 192hp Kompressor's but we have quite a few SLK's 192hp Kompressor's which are more popular cars but still have the same motor. Some E's and CLK's too. Mine is the Esprit, Automatic. I enherit it from my dad 2 years ago (Im 25) and so far Ive had ICE installed, two tone leather interior (black with grey in the middle), looks awesome, some chrome in the dash, white dials, AMG Knob and pedals, Avantagarde look grill and clear clusters (original cluster look but white. Its 149 Polar white so it looks quite nice. Also facelift front and rear bumpers (still looking for sideskirts) and I just bought a set of 18's, 8.5J, the classic German style "Y" spoked with polished lip. I will put them on next week, I might post some photos if I work out how! :P Whats your car like?

lol my dad bought an E-Class W211 E320 4matic Avantgarde (I LOVE the airmatic and the Glass roof), and still likes my car's power delivery! Its sharper and feels way faster, he says! The E-class only has 224hp with 4WD! It is faster though.

OK!
    Here 192HP 1998cc kompressor engine, was quite popular at that time, same for SLK, E and CLK, but, as said latest were depowered to 163HP.
    Actually, due to change in tax criteria, limit to 2L is no more a big problem. And there?
    Our engine was powerful and quite economical: I always do below 10% as average consumption (in long trip also 9%), I means liters for 100Km. And You?

Mine is a '98 car (I'm 33 and I purchased it 4 years ago), Obsidian Black elegance trim, manual with no leather and no sunroof (I miss it a lot). Lowered with H&R and Koni externally adjustable dampers. Avantgarde grill cutted from a W210, Pioneer AVIC navi, crome pedals and door sills, rear and rear window blinds, wheels only 16" (replica 6 spoke), ride will be really harsh with 17" and H&R+koni. As far as light, I utilize 100W lamps with suitable cable and relay modifications.
    What I miss is a sunroof and a LSD limited slip differential to better utilize power and make more fun in the corner!

Do you surf also on http://mbclub.co.uk?

hi

Marco