Thread: insturment cluster needles

insturment cluster needles

hey guys i was wondering is it possible to make my speedo needles clear or white? if so how do u do it and how do u take the needles off of the cluster thanx...
    KOC its not what u think

I dont think I fully get what you mean and I dont really see a point in painting your needles white!!! :alien: If you paint them then they will no longer glow at night. I dont know if there is a way to make them clear, maybe with some thinner but it will probably make them orange-ish and probably melt them so NO.
    Anyway, you must remove the cluster from the dash and CAREFULLY remove the little sockets behind it. After you remove the plastic glass you will have access to the gauges. I havent done this before but I assume that pulling them towards you gently either by hand of helping with a small screwdriver will do the trick. What Im suggesting is to buy a set of white gauges and some chrome rings, and you will have a rather good result!

Oh if you plan to do this and you have never change any bulbs in your speedo cluster, its a really good chance to do it now. Change them all, they are cheap and they will save you and your car the trouble to go all over it again.