Thread: VMI Information!!!

VMI Information!!!

i found this site. u guys may have been there before but it will give u your VMI and you can print it out, if you don't want to go to the dealer for it. good info to always have handy!

http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/index.html?lng=eng

type your VIN # and click on full version, then hit search.
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

In Charge
    Just to warn Member's, I do not think it's a good idea to punch in your VIN to a site that is unknown to you.

Though chances are this is a valid site, I'd be careful until site is verified.

Maybe someine is collecting VIN's so they can make new one's for stolen cars.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I wouldn't touch it!!!!!! BEWARE!!
    Benzi

that's a good point there Denlasoul. i didn't think of something like that. but i tried it a while ago and just saw all the info and was like what-the-hell, i'll give it a try. hope nothing bad ever happens, HAHA.

i am not trying to get anyone in trouble here guys, just saw this page a while ago and thought i'd pass it along.

Jason
    Jason

In Charge
    Originally posted by 1995c280
    i am not trying to get anyone in trouble here guys, just saw this page a while ago and thought i'd pass it along.

Jason
    Yes, Jason I definitely knew that. I just wanted to warn others as their is so much fraud out there. I'd hate for someone to be put in a bad situation. It would suck to be pulled over because someone else reported your car as being stolen.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

that site wouldnt run my VIN.... dont know why.
    1997 C280 Sport

There has been quite a lot of disscussion also about that site here. One rumor was that the Russians get your key copyed etc
    Personally I dont belive on that. But as Denlasoul wrote you never know were the info can end and what they can do with the info whet they get.

At first I was quite suspisios about that site, but later I and many more has put hundreds of VIN codes on that without any kind of trouble.

There has been some problems on US VIN codes, it works on better on EU models.
    C 30 CDI AMG T -03
    ex S202 Komp -98

Lightbulb

Well, i've tried this site before and it gives me the exact information of my car. If that's the case and if someone really wanted any information at all, why would they do so if they already have a database in hand ?

In Charge
    Originally posted by Hokke
    There has been quite a lot of disscussion also about that site here. One rumor was that the Russians get your key copyed etc
    Personally I dont belive on that. But as Denlasoul wrote you never know were the info can end and what they can do with the info whet they get.

At first I was quite suspisios about that site, but later I and many more has put hundreds of VIN codes on that without any kind of trouble.

There has been some problems on US VIN codes, it works on better on EU models.
    Maybe I'm just paranoid. I truly do not believe the site is bad, but I just dont like the idea of having my VIN out there. Say I got a VIN number, and happen to have a buddy at MB. I can have him look it up (or any MB that may be in my area) and get the key copied. The MB database will probably have your address, so kiss your car goodbye.

I recall of a place in Chicago that was installing car alarms in alot of high end cars. Turns out these same people were stealing the cars (as they had the address and alarm codes) and shipping the off to somewhere on the other side of the world.

Just want to let others be aware of what information they give out.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

I'll give the site a try during my lunch break. I am as paranoid as the next person about fraud, but considering I live over a hour away from my "registered" address. I'm not worried about someone finding my car my VIN number.

C55 Charter Member
    There's no 'private part' to a VIN. A person can physically look in the windshield in the front left of the cabin and you can get the car's VIN.... no? ...so everyone's VIN is always 'out there' anyway...

Originally posted by c55m8o
    There's no 'private part' to a VIN. A person can physically look in the windshield in the front left of the cabin and you can get the car's VIN.... no? ...so everyone's VIN is always 'out there' anyway...
    those were my thoughts exactly, i would understand the number near the drivers door to be private but the VIN...???
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Ran my VIN. Nothing there that was interesting or I didn't know.

There is no danger to enter your VIN into this site. This is a database site therefore, they already have the VINs in a database that they can easily access. Plus, our freaking VIN numbers are sitting right out in the open. If somebody decided to report my car stolen with the VIN numbers, when pulled over I would simply show them my pink slip and ID and registration and insurance and everything would be ok. No worries guys...

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

Originally posted by FreeStyler
    There is no danger to enter your VIN into this site. This is a database site therefore, they already have the VINs in a database that they can easily access. Plus, our freaking VIN numbers are sitting right out in the open. If somebody decided to report my car stolen with the VIN numbers, when pulled over I would simply show them my pink slip and ID and registration and insurance and everything would be ok. No worries guys...
    You leave the title in your car. Where do you live again

copy in wallet

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

C55 Charter Member
    Thought I'd revive this thread and give its subject matter props. This VIN decode site is great.

My wife and I are looking to buy a late 80s 560SL, and this site is great for decoding the VIN and telling us the real color of the exterior and interior of the car + all its options. We then use the paint swatches posted on oursl.com to view what those colors are. ...really great tool.

edit: oh, and thank you 1995c280 for posting it!

no problem c55m8o. glad to help!

Jason
    Jason