Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CR 280 bi turbo (mosselman )

i still have my old one
    and it doesn't look like it's bad at all
    probably didn't need replacing but oh well new is better in the long run

now who needs old one?
    it's not cut or anything at all just took it off sitting in plastic bag atm
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Hey nokia ,please excuse me ,myself ,and ,i .I will mail you know .By the way ,thanks for the interest !
    frenchie

Well ok ,i came back from the dead !I have been of line for 2 weeks now .Had to reinstall windows and all the rest .When you have bits and pieces here and there it takes a little longer .Lost all my emails so if anyone mailed please try it again (sorry).Now about wirring harness !I finally got news back from the big boss in Holland responsible for most European complaints about Mercs.They sent me a beautiful letter a mille long about how they would like to help me with my Biodegradable harness .And with all the good will they have they are sadden to say that they would not be able to help me with the costs on a new wirring harness because (they take such pride and time in training the Merc mechanics that they could not allow to admit there is a problem on the harness since i am not one of those mechanics that they have made .) With all the respect i have for them .Even that i have a reciept from a steallership that says i have one broke (melted)wirring harness.O well ,but that means that if i had left here at a dealler and given them the name they would have probably been able (willing)to come in on the costs !Next time i guess but i shure would try if anyone else has the same problem .(and i am shure someone will )I will have a new one friday .650 bucks .I guess it is not bad considering the prices i saw allready in the states .As soon as i am done installing it and flying again i will let everyone know .Thanks for all the replys (pat from Belgium) http://community.webshots.com/user/patfanny:)
    frenchie

Ok now !It took me 3 enjoyable hours to put the brand new wirring harness on and that was it .Hooked up the juice and wam bam thank you mam ,she started right up !She is purrrrring like a kitten again but when i push on that funny pedal on the floor youd beter be leaning back because she is back and alive .Its funny what a controled ignition can do at the (right moment ).I mean with these biodegradable wirring harness it is scarry thinking about what happens under the hood !Even if you love barbecues and all that comes with it.Anyway i got lucky i suppose because i only paid 700 euros (625dollars)for the new cable .I would suggest anyone driving a early 1990 Merc and is having Twilight zone problems with their ignition (and other)to keep in mind these beautiful wirring harnesses can and probebly will have something to do with it .Thanks for all the replies and help !
    Pat from belgium .
    frenchie

Question

I thought that while i was at it i might as well rebuild the Garrett turbos at the same time !Got lucky by the way .I found a place called Turbo Masters in Orange California that had and sold the kits .They were very nice and helpfull and i had my kits 3 days later .It is amazing what a 2.8 whith bi turbos can do .It has 285 HP on here and stops on a dime .Anyway i had a member from this club mail me asking if i could send him pics of the rebuilt turbos because he would like to install some on his Merc.He is from Sweden but i dont know his name or adress since i lost all my emails and adress book .Does sanyone know him ?????I promised him i would send him some pics !He is a member of this club so you never know ????
    Pat from Belgium (frenchie)
    frenchie

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by frenchie
    I thought that while i was at it i might as well rebuild the Garrett turbos at the same time !Got lucky by the way .I found a place called Turbo Masters in Orange California that had and sold the kits .They were very nice and helpfull and i had my kits 3 days later .It is amazing what a 2.8 whith bi turbos can do .It has 285 HP on here and stops on a dime .Anyway i had a member from this club mail me asking if i could send him pics of the rebuilt turbos because he would like to install some on his Merc.He is from Sweden but i dont know his name or adress since i lost all my emails and adress book .Does sanyone know him ?????I promised him i would send him some pics !He is a member of this club so you never know ????
    Pat from Belgium (frenchie)
    hey Frenchie, i dont know who your talking aobut but can you take pics when your rebuilding you turbo up, and some close up of the manifold also. Love your ride, i hope/wish to get some some oomhp for my ride too.

are there alot of parts that came with the kit??

Thanks

Jason
    Got BRABUS?

I will put them on my webshots photos and put the URL incase you dont have it .http://community.webshots.com/script...83702540sxzlrm
    frenchie