Thread: looking for a becker BE1292

looking for a becker BE1292

part number 003 820 36 86 [07] <--- don't know what that last 07 is for, but i threw it in there just for yuks.

Holla if you know where I could get one.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

What are u looking for? is that a HU?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Originally posted by JRE320
    What are u looking for? is that a HU?
    yes sir!
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Are u kooking for the cassette OEM HU? Coz I gave Fad a HU out of my e-class and I think he never installed it last time Susanto was working on his HU. I still got my C-class HU if that's the one you looking for I can give that to you. let me know.

I guess your looking for an Alpine cd player OEM? Dude!!! those are like $930!!!! from the stealership.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

1. I think that part number's for just a cassette deck

2. $900? damn sounds like this one may hurt! ahhh the things people do for OEM.

3. I belive that there's a difference in the rear connector between the one that I'm looking for and one of the newer 95+ HUs. If there's someone out there that can confirm that an alternate HU would be plug and play....(even if I need to use a simple adapter) then all should be well.

and for future ref...I believe that this is to go into a '95 w140

search. think. do. post.

Now you mentioned W140 95 then it might be entire different story. Let me check it put again. Even t he cassette deck would cost you like $525. Is it worth it to get the OEM deck at all for that price? I don't think so...... Might as well get an aftermarket one for that price.

Do you want to see and try out my HU from my C-class?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Unfortunately, I don't think I have the option of trying it out. Long story...but if there's anyone out there that can find exactly what I mentioned, or know of a solution outright then we're in business.

He's made it clear that aftermarket is the last thing he wants to do to remedy the situation....

Thanks for tryin Jun! if you can get someone to confirm that your c-class one will work in the 140 then there still may be a chance.

search. think. do. post.

You wanna try getting in touch with Fad if he still got my HU?
    Maybe that HU out of my E-class would match the one you're looking for.

P.S.
    If you're looking for the cassette HU, I don't think there's much difference between the HU of a 94 E-class against your 95 W140 HU. I'm only guessing maybe Steve can confirm this.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

OG Moderator
    Can you ask your friend if he has a fader control in his center console, next to the windows switch?

The older head unit in 1992 300E is 1432
    The 1995 C class head unit is 1492

Can you ask your friend to take picture?

OEM head unit cost an arm and a leg. German ebay/Steve probably the best source....

OG Moderator
    1492 and 1692

I just checked my HU from my C-class and the model# is CM 2294
    which is identical with the 1492 and 1692 from the front but not sure if the connectors behind it are the same.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

but none of the ones you guys mentioned is the 1292 And if the model number is any indication...then I'm thinking that all of the above use the updated interface/wiring plug?

search. think. do. post.

Can you post a pic of the HU 1292?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Originally posted by JRE320
    Can you post a pic of the HU 1292?
    sorry no ahh, woor ist steve when you need him?

search. think. do. post.

OG Moderator

They look exactly the same from the front. Just not sure about the connectors behind it.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014