Thread: Clearcoat behind wheels?

Clearcoat behind wheels?

I have nice 3-piece SSR wheels and they are rather open, as far as seeing into the brake area and also you can see the inside of the wheel. This part of the wheel gets all stained and really looks bad. The last show I had my car in I actually removed all my wheels and scrubbed the inside back to a new-like shine.

OK, This is what I'm thinking of doing. Remove the wheels,
    clean them back to new looking and then take them in to a body shop or spray them myself with clearcoat paint. (just the backside)
    Has anyone done this? Will it work? How long will it last? What
    type of paint?
    Thanks, Tinter.
    1998 C43 White w/blue & black leather, xenons and more.
    MODS: 18\" SSR GT3\'s 8\'s front/ 9\'s rear. Custom cross-drilled AMG rotors
    w/red calipers. H&R sport springs and Koni yellows, avantgarde grill, custom blue CF interior trim, Llumar
    35% Tint. Clear corners, 2) K&N
    filters. Blaup/Chicago
    7\" monitor DVD w/ 5:1 surround, Pioneer center channel, JL Audio W7 8\" sub w/Memphis 500W amp,
    illum. door sills and alum. AMG pedals.
    MODS coming: It might be for sale.

have you tried a couple of coats of wax? i've used car wax on the face of the wheels; the brake dust seems to come off much more easily..
    AMG or nothing.

let me know what works out for u better, because i have the same exact problem....
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Wax would probably work but it would mean rewaxing a few times a year and maybe having to remove the wheels every time to do it right.
    My thought was that if clearcoated, a simple wipe with wash mit
    or maybe just spraying with the hose might keep them looking clean.
    The last time I cleaned up the inside, I had so many comments on my wheels before I took it to the show, I gotta keep 'em looking like that.
    I'll let everyone know when it's done.
    1998 C43 White w/blue & black leather, xenons and more.
    MODS: 18\" SSR GT3\'s 8\'s front/ 9\'s rear. Custom cross-drilled AMG rotors
    w/red calipers. H&R sport springs and Koni yellows, avantgarde grill, custom blue CF interior trim, Llumar
    35% Tint. Clear corners, 2) K&N
    filters. Blaup/Chicago
    7\" monitor DVD w/ 5:1 surround, Pioneer center channel, JL Audio W7 8\" sub w/Memphis 500W amp,
    illum. door sills and alum. AMG pedals.
    MODS coming: It might be for sale.