Thread: How dark is your tint?

How dark is your tint?

i dont know how dark of tint i should get, been thinking of 20% but it may be a little too dark, n going in between is no going to happen, because not alot of places have those tints.
    so 20% or 35%?

i got doubled 35% cause 35% is way too light

i got 15% on sides and rear and 35% on the windshield.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

I got 5% except the front

like sunnies during the day ...

but then have u worn sunnies at night
    not smart lol

still i love it. make sure u search about tint scratches. mine are pretty bad and ive onli had it for 6months..
    and its too late for me to do anything about it

the legal tint in NZ like the darkest you can do is 35% and nothing on the windscreen but 20% is really nice i had 5% on my old 202 till a cop had a lil cry and made me rip them off on the side of the road as they didnt have the little sticker that says they are legal! but i think 20% a good way to go!
    Its all in the past:
    89 E230 w124 - Sold
    94 E280 w124 - Delt to by crappy honda family van
    94 C280 sportline w202 - Delt to by jeep

Originally posted by jnolte
    i got 15% on sides and rear and 35% on the windshield.
    who did your tint? or know anything about accutint up the street from barrier?

nobody here would tint windshields. as its illegal n "too big of a risk"

Originally posted by Sn0rKy
    Heh. I still see people with their mirror tint on the front. I seen people with fully blacked out windows. My friend has 50% on his front and rear, never got pulled over for it.
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    Heh. I still see people with their mirror tint on the front. I seen people with fully blacked out windows. My friend has 50% on his front and rear, never got pulled over for it.
    ya i was thinkin mirror tint on the windhsield
    then it would look more of a reflection than it would tint

Originally posted by solodough
    who did your tint? or know anything about accutint up the street from barrier?

accutint is one of the best places to go in seattle. They use Llumar tint that is really high quality. They are constantly tinting bentleys, ferraris, and high end cars. I got my car tinted there, great job. they are usually packed so your problay going to have to make your appointement 2 weeks ahead of time
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Originally posted by Sn0rKy

Cold hard cash solves that problem....Almost every tinter here in the bay area will do the windshield for the right amount of money.

I dont like tint. its so hard to see at night, especially when reversing into a tight parking stall.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

Originally posted by 69chevelle
    Cold hard cash solves that problem....Almost every tinter here in the bay area will do the windshield for the right amount of money.
    know of any good tint places here? that is priced decently?

how are you guys passing inspection with tint on front windows?
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

Originally posted by jnolte
    accutint is one of the best places to go in seattle. They use Llumar tint that is really high quality. They are constantly tinting bentleys, ferraris, and high end cars. I got my car tinted there, great job. they are usually packed so your problay going to have to make your appointement 2 weeks ahead of time
    how much did you pay?

Originally posted by solodough
    how much did you pay?

its been so long i cant remember, but its pretty fair considering how good they are
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

My professional opinion

Go for Llumar but make sure it's "color-stable" tint. The cheaper
    stuff will turn purple in only 2 years or so. Also make sure they put felt on the moldings or your tint will scratch. See me if you need the felt kit for the 202. You really only need to go as dark as
    30% and you will get all the sun/fade protection you need, anything darker than this and it's mostly for looks. The darker
    tint will be a bitch to back up at night and could get you a ticket.
    Windshield tinting, I have mixed feelings on. I will put it on for cash but I assume no liability for all the water that will flow
    behind the dashbord. I am probably going to tint my new
    windshield before it's put in. PM or e-mail me for any tint questions, I've been tinting cars for 22 years. - Tinter.
    1998 C43 White w/blue & black leather, xenons and more.
    MODS: 18\" SSR GT3\'s 8\'s front/ 9\'s rear. Custom cross-drilled AMG rotors
    w/red calipers. H&R sport springs and Koni yellows, avantgarde grill, custom blue CF interior trim, Llumar
    35% Tint. Clear corners, 2) K&N
    filters. Blaup/Chicago
    7\" monitor DVD w/ 5:1 surround, Pioneer center channel, JL Audio W7 8\" sub w/Memphis 500W amp,
    illum. door sills and alum. AMG pedals.
    MODS coming: It might be for sale.

i was wondering this too. My brother has a 202 tinted with 5% all around except windshield. I cannot at all see out of his windows unless i put them down. Im considering doing 20% on mine because I d like to have some privacy when Im with my gf

But would 20% be difficult to see out of at night or not too bad?

Originally posted by Brando457
    i was wondering this too. My brother has a 202 tinted with 5% all around except windshield. I cannot at all see out of his windows unless i put them down. Im considering doing 20% on mine because I d like to have some privacy when Im with my gf

But would 20% be difficult to see out of at night or not too bad?
    if your doing all windows you should be fine...i'll try and dig up some pics of my old 202, i did 20% in front & 15% in back...this time i'm doing 15% all around :bandit:
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

so far i just have the factory blue smoked glass.....

my old rig had 5% all around (nothing on front winshield) and it was DAMN DARK....backing up was quite a task....

I got used to it though, probalby in about a week or so but i had to roll down my passenger window while parking next to a curb (for fear of scratching up my 20s, chrome