Thread: Brake disk and Caliper swaps?

Brake disk and Caliper swaps?

has anyone tried upgrading their brakes with bigger MB brakes.... lets say from a idk 2003 s500, the whole thing, the calipers and disks? what would you put in for the front, what for the rear. swap the old front ones to the rear and new S class calipers inthe front?

would sizing be the same dif, i have stock wheels, would they fit?. brake sensors, are they the same? brake booster, would i have to mess with that? is it bolt on( direct fit). are my hubs big enough? ect.....

i was just think about it cause ive been driving alot lately and benz brakes to stop on a dime, compared to other cars. but i would like to improve braking even more and i was hoping some used EBAY calipers would do the trick.
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

this is very interesting, can someone buzz in on this? I would love to get this done if it's not too difficult

A good number of people have ran C32 brakes. Search.

Do this...

get slotted rotors off ebay, get a set of high performance Axxis pads (Ultima or posi-quiets, they are almost the same and both made by axxis). then get a set of high quality stainless steel lines from stop-tech (stay away from goodridge, theirs have failed many times).

on top of that, get a nice sticky set of tires. That alone will transform your braking and make you feel like you just bought a big brake kit, but at a tiny fraction of the cost.

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    Do this...

get slotted rotors off ebay, get a set of high performance Axxis pads (Ultima or posi-quiets, they are almost the same and both made by axxis). then get a set of high quality stainless steel lines from stop-tech (stay away from goodridge, theirs have failed many times).

on top of that, get a nice sticky set of tires. That alone will transform your braking and make you feel like you just bought a big brake kit, but at a tiny fraction of the cost.
    yea i thought of that and was gunna do that, but y buy the same rotors when i can buy bigger rotors( for the same price, ebay prices) to upgrade and maybe go on ebay or to a junk yard and get calipers for the fraction of the cost...oh yea and stainless steel brake lines
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

i have c32 front brakes and sl500 silver arrow rear rotors
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

You've already got the C43 body kit...
    1) pull the wheels,
    2) replace remainder with complete C43 (they have huge brakes and calipers already, and they're also available on eBay),
    3) replace wheels.

Oops! You have stock wheels, and the '97 C-Class only has 15" wheels?
    http://www.mbusa.com/overview/1997/C...AccClassCode=C

Even the '99 C280 with the Sport package and their 16" wheels don't fit over the C43 AMG calipers (I've tried them), so you'll need the C43 (17+") wheels also.

(P.S. And besides, C43s come with a great reason to have big brakes... 300+ HP :-)

Seriously, I've heard some speculate that the C43 has some E-Class brakes, but you'll definitely also need bigger wheels if you want the big brakes.
    1999 C43 AMG Black - sold
    - Eagle Eyes: BZ055 Clear Corners with LED 2357A, BZ062 Tails with LEDs; LED lic. lamps
    - VVME H7 4300K HID/Xenon Lower Driving & Low Beams (& replaced Halogen Lenses with OEM Xenon Lenses)
    - Sylvania SilverStar H1 High Beams
    - Silver Star Re-man and improved Trans./Conv.
    - Eibach Pro-Kit & Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads in Front
    1999 C280 Sport Black - sold
    2005 E55 AMG Black for fun
    2007 GL450 Carneol Red for hauling!

Originally posted by Kropf
    You've already got the C43 body kit...
    1) pull the wheels,
    2) replace remainder with complete C43 (they have huge brakes and calipers already, and they're also available on eBay),
    3) replace wheels.

Oops! You have stock wheels, and the '97 C-Class only has 15" wheels?
    http://www.mbusa.com/overview/1997/C...AccClassCode=C

Even the '99 C280 with the Sport package and their 16" wheels don't fit over the C43 AMG calipers (I've tried them), so you'll need the C43 (17+") wheels also.

Seriously, I've heard some speculate that the C43 has some E-Class brakes, but you'll definitely also need bigger wheels if you want the big brakes.
    ha, never thought of that...even tho it was right infront of me...oh yea and i know bigger brakes= bigger wheels lol
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!