Thread: Replacing brake pads

Replacing brake pads

Anyone got any pics or instruction on how to replace the front brake pads of a W202? I think the rear is much easier.
    I've not tried replacing the front brake pads of my C-class before.
    And it's about time for me to replace them.. Why nowwwwww...... :bored:
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

I know how, and i think i do have teh pics for it i m not sure let me look for it, and if you need help i will drive to ur place and help you!!!!

dude..nm i forgot when my pc crashed 3 montehs ago i lost evrything... but hey i do have teh book teach you how tho! wanna barrow it?!

Uncap your brake resevoir first.

Looking at your caliper towards the bottom there is a screw/bolt. You will need to wrenches (forgot the size) to undo this.

Once remove this will allow the upper part of the caliper to swing up. Remove the outter pad. Using a brake piston tool (bout 5 bucks or so at pepboys) and the old innerpad, push the brake piston back into the caliper to allow room for your new and thicker pads to fit.

Put the new pads in. Swing back down the top caliper and bolt things up. Re cap your resevior and pump your brakes till it gets hard again.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

So all I need to do is take off that 1 bolt at the bottom and I would be able to swing up the caliper? ummm sounds pretty easy and I think it's a 13 or 15mm socket if I'm not mistaken.
    Thanks Dave for the offer but I still need to order my pads.
    Don't know yet if I would go for the same one I got right now w/c is Porterfield. I got this pad for 3 long yrs now and I think it's worth the $$$. Thanks...
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Its easier than changing oil! :bandit:

Now if you got those spanking GT brakes even easier as they just slide in and out of the hole on the top caliper... get the right wheels and you dont even have to take the wheels off to do pad changes! Talk about slick.

CKlasse
    Use a c-clamp to push back your inner pad/piston.

The right way to do this of course is to machine your rotors also. Then you wont have to touch your front brake again for the next few years.

Originally posted by CKlasse

The right way to do this of course is to machine your rotors also. Then you wont have to touch your front brake again for the next few years.
    Correct, but you forget we're lazy

Originally posted by nokia8860

VERY LAZY!!!!!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Just FYI... a new bolt should come with the set of pads you're using because those bolts are often lined with loctite. So don't worry if you end up stripping a bolt.

In any case, it is really easy! Even I did it!

Originally posted by nokia8860
    :werd:
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Originally posted by Brabus
    Just FYI... a new bolt should come with the set of pads you're using because those bolts are often lined with loctite. So don't worry if you end up stripping a bolt.

In any case, it is really easy! Even I did it!
    Sorry I don't think I got a new bolt from Gerry of MYROADSTER.COM.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

If I can change my brakes, then you can. Trust me.

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting