Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Yellow Konis)-How Many Clicks do u rip on the daily...

(Yellow Konis)-How Many Clicks do u rip on the daily...

Fugees-The Score "HOW MANY MICS"

ok..yellow Koni adjustable owners, what is the best trial and error application for the adj. Yellow Koni's have you found to be best for city driving. Have them on the way and have read "Full-Soft" or "Full Soft front-One-One and 1/2 rear. Thanks all for any input. FYI 19's 235/35 and 265/30.
    Look out, 19\'s and Koni\'s on da way-Smoke 1998 C230 -VA Beach

OG Moderator
    I have mine cranked right up to 2!.. hardest setting. its pretty rough though.
    I knew I wanted a stiff ride.. so I just cranked them to max.
    they are such a pain to adjust.. Id just set them to mid range and forget about it.. or depending on if you prefer a softer ride or a very harsh stiff ride!
    got any pics of your car?
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

In Charge
    I have the 1, 2, 3 click setting on mine. My shocks are set to full hard.

I would not recommend it for a daily driver.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Denlasoul
    I have the 1, 2, 3 click setting on mine. My shocks are set to full hard.

I would not recommend it for a daily driver.
    hmm.. mine have 0-1-2 seetting. I guess same thing really! mine are cranked to full though.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

for sure fellas i will imageshack some pixs up in here for my brohams here to see. have to wait till the project is setup nice... waiting for Brabus reps to get here and a good quote on setting up the suspension. you don't want to see my stock 98 right now, though she is gorgeous.

what's a good price range so i know some guy's not rippin me off on the shock/spring install? Have a boi's cuzin who does it but he's hard to get a hold of at the moment so right now i'm opting for this Euro sport tuning joint or the Merchant's tire down the street who's flip and could (doubt it though) hook things up w/ the install.

slammed, your roads must be relatively new going on the highest firm setting, ...you like it that way, track that thing, or is that the best way so things don't rub that much or at all. i'm hoping to avoid spending on fender mods.

...one other thing, i been searching on the bump stop replacement on my 230 sport, trim that thing or replace as is? preciate you guyz who been there/done that, sharing your experiences so i don't have to waste mad stress on screwin around on the new suspension setup.

full hard compared to full soft and if anyone has anything in between iin relation to stock. this navy officer who had my car beforehand took real good care of this thing, saving all the maintanance documentation, and rode alot just back in forth on the interstate. it's still plush IMO at 114k, though i wish she would take fast turns better.

only experience I can share here is choppin a coil of my neuspeeds race on my accord= that was punishment freel, hitting all those bumps on the interstate felt acutely everyone of them, big or small. though it look sweet, and was the envy of the beach, never again!! my girlfriend at the time was wondering if we were ever going to make it through hahah!!! 15's on 50 series nittos slammed hard, i laugh about it now)

b4 that the honda was setup stock with LA Wire deep dish reversed, heh it was pretty pimp... back in 93-94. embarassing now. neway let me know the dilly and steer me right here.

Same here. Full hard front and rear. I have to admit it wasn't as stiff as I expected. More compliant than I would have guessed. Although it is a bit jarring to my friends who aren't used to hard suspension setups.

But yeah, the versions I got in on the group buy are set it and forget it. I wish they had easy external adjustments like I how I heard the new versions are.

getting crazy quotes for the install-$225-$700..

$50-60 to roll both the fronts

YEA BOI CAN'T WAIT!!!

i'm going to try the full soft up front and 1 click in the rear. looking for max cush to do the daily city commuting.

does a little turn go a long way...thinking of maybe one and 1/2 click for the rears, i'm usually the only occupant unless i take my girls on a quick spin somewhere.

roads here are generally good above average (potholes, construction, bumps, etc, etc).

In Charge
    Originally posted by machomachacho
    getting crazy quotes for the install-$225-$700.
    You're better off buy some tools for about $200 and doing them yourself. I ended up buying a Craftsman set of wrenches and sockets. Install isnot that hard, I'd say about a 7 on a 10 scale.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

You're better off buy some tools for about $200 and doing them yourself. I ended up buying a Craftsman set of wrenches and sockets. Install isnot that hard, I'd say about a 7 on a 10 scale.
    thats if your mechanically inclined
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

In Charge
    Originally posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
    thats if your mechanically inclined
    Trust me, I'm not that inclined.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

OG Moderator
    slammed, your roads must be relatively new going on the highest firm setting, ...you like it that way, track that thing, or is that the best way so things don't rub that much or at all. i'm hoping to avoid spending on fender mods.
    lol.. no.. no.. they arent new! they are pretty poor with all honesty. which is why 2 weeks ago I bent a wheel!.. bent the inner lip, enough so my tire went flat! but I fixed it myself. good as new now.
    I just prefer a firm ride. I dont think it helps much for rubbing less. sometimes its like the shocks cant keep up with the dips and bumps in the road. but I think thats due to not having any bump stops on my shocks!.. I need to find some.
    eastwood company has their fender roller on sale fo $224 I think. I bought it when it was $250. it works great.
    Id like to track my car.. maybe one day when its fast enough to track!!

The tool set will also be helpful in the future!!

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

believe me, if i could've done it myself i would've.

i'm all about looking for that excuse to buy that something "to use down the road in the future", to justify my expenses 2 the wifee

.. my realm of technical expertise is having learned to change my oil and front brakes bro,lol.

thing is i'm throwin a nice phat backyard bbq party this saturday for my daughter's no.2. bday. i gots to have my C setup nice on the sneak tip for the fellas and fam to see;p hahah!!!

yea my bro n law has mad mad tools, i would've had to find/rent one of those spring compressor deals, and then there's the issue i don't have access to a lift, then the time and sweat and me possibly jacking up something like the suspension, i got an appt on friday to put the KONIS first thing in the morning...from what i've researched online these guys should hook it up nice for pretty decent, $225.

In Charge
    Dont need a spring compressor.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

i've never done it or seen it done b4, so it looks/sounds pretty straight forward. out of curiousity, is there anything tricky to it, special tools, or is it simply take apart the old and replace with the new? I'd wish i'd have the experience of doing it myself

tirerack should have ups'd the set by 2morrow and i'll drop them puppies in friday morn.

In Charge
    Originally posted by machomachacho
    i've never done it or seen it done b4, so it looks/sounds pretty straight forward. out of curiousity, is there anything tricky to it, special tools, or is it simply take apart the old and replace with the new? I'd wish i'd have the experience of doing it myself
    Nothing I can think of off the top of my head. Remember to remove the shock covers and bump stops and place them on your Koni's. Also, you will want to trim the bump stop so that you do not bottom out on full compression (remember that your OEM shocks are longer and have more room to travel, by lowering you car 1.5-2.0 inches, means 1.5-2.0 less room of travel.)
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

D-how much inche(s)did you trim for your C?..the bumpstops?

all the way soft

I have my koni's set all the way soft. Why not enjoy some comfort in the Benz? If I'm going out for day of hard driving, I'll turn 'em
    to the stiffest position. That's why I got the externally adjustable set-up. Just me?
    1998 C43 White w/blue & black leather, xenons and more.
    MODS: 18\" SSR GT3\'s 8\'s front/ 9\'s rear. Custom cross-drilled AMG rotors
    w/red calipers. H&R sport springs and Koni yellows, avantgarde grill, custom blue CF interior trim, Llumar
    35% Tint. Clear corners, 2) K&N
    filters. Blaup/Chicago
    7\" monitor DVD w/ 5:1 surround, Pioneer center channel, JL Audio W7 8\" sub w/Memphis 500W amp,
    illum. door sills and alum. AMG pedals.
    MODS coming: It might be for sale.

In Charge

Re: all the way soft

Originally posted by tinter101
    That's why I got the externally adjustable set-up. Just me?
    Unfortunately, I do not have exteernal controls. I'd have to take mine off to change them.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

Re: all the way soft

I have my koni's set all the way soft. Why not enjoy some comfort in the Benz? If I'm going out for day of hard driving, I'll turn 'em
    to the stiffest position. That's why I got the externally adjustable set-up. Just me?
    bro how does FULL soft compare stock. My sport has a nice cush but firm...sporty. I would like less rollover when taking turns though and hopefully the full soft and Koni springs fix that...and the 19's

did u do the install?

any advice on what to tell dude on how much to trim off the bumpstops?

if anyone happens upon this post this is maybe what you've been lookin 4, payce

good lookin out

Macho, The koni's set to soft is still stiffer than stock set-up but
    no skipping of CD's and you don't feel every crack in the road. I had the Koni yellows and H&R sports done at the same time by a local tuner shop. My previous car was a lowered Maxima on 18's &
    stock shocks and it was torture to drive.
    1998 C43 White w/blue & black leather, xenons and more.
    MODS: 18\" SSR GT3\'s 8\'s front/ 9\'s rear. Custom cross-drilled AMG rotors
    w/red calipers. H&R sport springs and Koni yellows, avantgarde grill, custom blue CF interior trim, Llumar
    35% Tint. Clear corners, 2) K&N
    filters. Blaup/Chicago
    7\" monitor DVD w/ 5:1 surround, Pioneer center channel, JL Audio W7 8\" sub w/Memphis 500W amp,
    illum. door sills and alum. AMG pedals.
    MODS coming: It might be for sale.

Macho, The koni's set to soft is still stiffer than stock set-up but
    no skipping of CD's and you don't feel every crack in the road. I had the Koni yellows and H&R sports done at the same time by a local tuner shop. My previous car was a lowered Maxima on 18's &
    stock shocks and it was torture to drive.
    bro, i just got the KONIS in today and got finished putting on the wheels.

1st, the ride as unbelievable better handling, got the cush, yet firm not harsh at all,...perfect man!!

the lower center of gravity and the closer view to the road brought a flashback to my honda sportcompact dayz.

10/10-initial impression- drop looked good on my stocks over crappy sections but mostly decent city driving.

check it