Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (Yellow Konis)-How Many Clicks do u rip on the daily...

DAMN i got my babies on and a little pissed i think dude sent the wrong offset ...it says P.C.D. 112mm on a sticker in side the rim...i specifically specified +35.

tires on the front Nitto 555's 235/30. the tire (control arm?) bolt are sitting on top of the inner most part of on the tires.

the wheels look just right as far as flush but now i need to pick up some spacers and i suppose longer bolts.

check dis voila!!

the car is stationary till i get them spacers and bolts on the front...just hope it doesn't look jacked as far as the fronts peeking out too far. yall wipe that drool of them keypads LOL
    Look out, 19\'s and Koni\'s on da way-Smoke 1998 C230 -VA Beach

The 112 is the bolt patern. 5 x 112 is usually how it is stated. It's common benz pattern. The offsett is usually stated as "ET" A usual spot is an inner spoke. Check the insides of the wheel spokes for "ET 35". I'm sure they are fine.

Is this the reason you think you need spacers?? The only reason I can see you needing spacers was if your front/rear calipers where rubbing on the inner face of the wheel. The spacer would bring the wheel farther away from the hub = more space for say bigger brakes.

If the wheels are mounted with no rubbing of the outer fender lip/inner fender or calipers I would say your all set!!
    .....I drive sideways.....
    *98\'C43 Supercharged
    *H&R springs
    *Bilstien Shocks
    *Magnecore race wires
    *Phelonic intake spacers
    *Bosche Clears
    *Custom 3in stainless exhaust
    *Renntech Monolite 18\'s
    *Some other stupid stuff
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/nitrogenbalance/0801.07pics054.jpg

Just Re-read your post.....I tend to blow through things too quickly. Your saying that there is a bolt from the control arm hitting your front tire???

Please take a picture of it, I can't figure it out and the My 202 is at home for reference. Also, see if you can find the ET 35 somewhere on the wheel.
    *98\'C43 Supercharged
    *H&R springs
    *Bilstien Shocks
    *Magnecore race wires
    *Phelonic intake spacers
    *Bosche Clears
    *Renntech Monolite 18\'s
    *Some other stupid stuff

In Charge
    What setting did you decide to go with?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

brohams...i went FULL SOFT... i've only had it a few hours but the tech and myself both agreed it almost feels like we swap the stock shocks...(read, just a little bit firmer, but comfortable( f'd up sections of roads, driveways, railroad tracks, (stock wheels),

in this diagram, it's "C" ..that bolt on the bottom is sitting right on top on the innermost part of my tire.

bro, on these Brabus reps, the only thing i can identify is that "112mm" sticker.

i was real specific, with the co. i ordered to send me +35, over and over. maybe it is right, fact is that bleepin bolt is locking up both sides of my front tires.

....let me take pix...

looks like i need about index,maybe a pinky's with of spacer took clear that dang bolt.

i'm thinking i might have to add the spacers X4 to make it look even, cuz it looks good now except that i can't go nowhere..

my bad, here

correction..tire size front 235/35 Nitto 555.

tirewall profile is nice. after the rim guard it tapers away nice to get that little extra room if u need,though i need a good 5+mm more to clear that bolt and nut.

i've been surfin the member forums and i know this is a common setup that works...usually.

the front wheels must me on the extreme side >35 ET.

i'm picking up a set of spacers in the morn and going to recheck behind the wheel spokes again if i missed the offset stamp.

I have never seen that happen before with your setup. It seems your doing the only thing you can with the spacers I guess.....I just wouldn't want to see your front wheels rubbing the fender lip now that they will be pushed out....

So your wheel set up is this(or is supposed to be):

19x8.5 F
    19x9.5 R

ET 35

Correct?? This is very very common to run on W202's. This is why I'm confused about the fitment.

Check the box they came in, sometimes that will indicate the offsett.

Good luck. The car looks great!
    *98\'C43 Supercharged
    *H&R springs
    *Bilstien Shocks
    *Magnecore race wires
    *Phelonic intake spacers
    *Bosche Clears
    *Renntech Monolite 18\'s
    *Some other stupid stuff

thanx man.

found the offset on the wheel spoke 37 ET...funny how many times i emphasized on having them ship me the 35's they manage to jack it up...

so rather than ship back and forth the right ones and wasting my breath on a good tongue lashing with dude, i put 2mm spacers up front and hacksawed the extra threads off the bolt in the pix giving the room it needed.

check this, i'm ready to roll, shined up the wheels n tires real nice, shift into d, and baby dont want to roll away quite yet...

i could hear the sound off the rubber on the 9.5's rubbing not allowing the rears to spin freely. (sigh) jacked up the back a little bit to get my hand up in the well and found the tires locked up on the inner front bottom of the wheel well.

...fast forward bout 45 mins of hammering and rechecking to get the clearance i needed, managed to get the left rears straight away with a couple mms room for the suspension to do it's thing and not having things rub

right side needs a little more persuading with ma hamma to get the little rub that still there.

2morrow i'll be completing the set of 2mm spacers for the rears and i should have the 35 ET all around. payce

OG Moderator
    there shouldnt be any issues with running et37 wheels.. I dont see how they could be hitting the front upper control arm nut.
    an et of 35 is the ideal offset for a w202.. but you can fit manyy other offsets that are close to that.. 37 shouldnt have been an issue.
    how much is your car lowered?
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

dude u trip me out.

start from the beginning of the thread man, cuz it'll answer all your ?'s.

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    there shouldnt be any issues with running et37 wheels..
    i wish that wasn't the case..i'd be rollin right now

I dont see how they could be hitting the front upper control arm nut.

there's a pic earlier.. you can see how the bolt is situated

that offset should fit fine, Ive ran Offset 40,37,39,35 and they all fit fine.

What brand are the wheels? If they are cheap Made in China ones, quality is problay off and they may be a diffrent offset then they are acually supposed to be
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

good newz... hammered out the wheel well where i was getting the rub.

spent the evening runnin round feelin out the suspension and until i've really put some miles on the new setup, all i can say is SWEET, money well spent, and sacrifice and get the shocks and springs you'll be glad u did. alot more forgiving than i imagined. i can only compare to my slammed hard, chopped neuspeed on my old honda to this setup and that was literally like o shit that hurt most of the time.

i've read everything all i could find here on the bilsteins and koni's and it seems most have great reviewz on the steins and i've read on occasion koni's will blow out on u... i guess time will tell and hopefully i have a good run with these KONIS( sport shock/spring kit unmodified full soft). i'd go as far to say that in my application for just spirited commuting (not taking tracking) this setup is perfect.

i know there was a group buy about 2 yrs ago on the yellow koni's

are the 06 yellows the same as the previous years..just want to get an idea who to hit up in case i gots issues down the road.

Originally posted by jnolte
    that offset should fit fine, Ive ran Offset 40,37,39,35 and they all fit fine.
    i'm scratchin my head a little bit too cuz.

i agree there is mad different offsets peeps runnin and haven't heard about any issues,..maybe a dremel or rubber hammer used here and there and/or some fender rolling.

i noticed on my c230 that the wheel well down towards the bottom where the suspension meets up with the steel frame it is very irregular in build like they didn't spend too much time trying to make this area perfect. it's also all covered in this sound absorbing material.

on both sides the tires were rubbing on the inside

took care of it today hammering it out, so won't need to add spacers

Originally posted by jnolte
    What brand are the wheels? If they are cheap Made in China ones, quality is problay off and they may be a diffrent offset then they are acually supposed to be
    if i had the 98 amg no doubt i'd have the real deal BRABUS multi piece. dunno for me the ASA's aren't a bad compromise for my C. You could read a little about these cheap made in China's bra ASA almost everything made in China B.

case in point, my MESA extension cabs filled w/ the newer china made Celestion V30s/G12Hs. the tone they put out is just as sweet as the Celestions produced of England. don't hate on china.. man

CAMBER Correction

how long yall wait to order up some camber kits from speedy for the rears?

good to hear is you've sorted it out! so how does the ride compare to stock? does the car rattle more over bumps? do you still have a cruisy benz ride? im really keen to know

i used to have a slammed mitsubishi hatch and god that was soo uncomforatble with its coilovers, just insane!
    Diamonds & Wood

My merc http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9323

what up there down under? =)

i 've put 500 miles city drivin and the suspension is pretty broken in from what i can recollect from the beginning (a little more cush to already cushy, but still firmer than stock.)

sportier on the curves and overall handling.

when talkinh about ride comfort, also to consider the 19's that the 35's really take away from the suspension, but ...again still more forgiving than i had imagined.

2 issues i have found breaking in this setup

1) right off the bat there was issues w/wheel chatter. the steering wheel would shake side to side (a bit) and it seemed to smooth out when going faster or at certain speeds.

bolts were torqued and retorqued for the first week of break-in and it progressively smoothed out. up on the jack, the wheels spun w/o a hitch and pushing and pulling, only initially the L front had a minute bit of play.

dunno if it was having had used the 2mm spacers in the front magnifying the wheels setting in?? Having the camber a bit off maybe could explain the very light vibrating of the steering wheel i still have at 500 miles.

2) riding over good size dips in the road at speed i scrape on the fronts...nothing big, just a graze. fyi i'm the only passenger. when riding w/ passengers handling changes again, less spring back from road irregularities and the tires graze a little more often. maybe do a roll on the fronts after i fix some my o2 sensors.

good to hear!

enjoy your new set-up and if you take more pics im keen to see em!

cheers!
    Diamonds & Wood

My merc http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9323

OG Moderator
    FUK IM PISSED... well I need a new right rear shock..
    Ive heard this knocking noise for about a week now. figured it was the shock, but I didnt think it was this fuked!.. it must have blown all its fluid out.. rides like shit now. bent my wheel on a freaking pot hole too.. but I fixed it.
    so now I gotta send it to Koni and wait for a new one. but how can I send them one when I dont have a shock to put back in its place?!!
    stupid Koni's.....
    what other shock manufacturers make adjustable shocks?
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Your rims are made by ASA? I don't see them on tirerack.com. How much did they cost you? w/ tires?

BTW. Your car is sitting/looking good.
    1997 C280 Sport

damn bro, sorry to hear, big time buzzkill.

potholes are my worst nightmare when i'm out.

was it one massive pothole or the cummulative effect hitting a bunch of potholes/f'd up roads over a period of time?

how did you fix the bent wheel? DYI or a machine shop?

hopefully you got some mileage out your shock. i'm thinking full firm might be alot tougher on the shock and wheels on impact, but prob better setting just for clean road/track.

Originally posted by 97C28O
    Your rims are made by ASA? I don't see them on tirerack.com. How much did they cost you? w/ tires?

BTW. Your car is sitting/looking good.
    Thanx man.

..(ebay has everything bro) ...

FUK IM PISSED... well I need a new right rear shock..
    Ive heard this knocking noise for about a week now. figured it was the shock, but I didnt think it was this fuked!.. it must have blown all its fluid out.. rides like shit now. bent my wheel on a freaking pot hole too.. but I fixed it.
    so now I gotta send it to Koni and wait for a new one. but how can I send them one when I dont have a shock to put back in its place?!!
    stupid Koni's.....
    what other shock manufacturers make adjustable shocks?
    my bad, just reread your post again. it's no good now but i hung on to my stock shox when i had the KONIs installed.

hmm..

either carpool till your replacement comes in, could be awhile though

maybe someone in the club has a spare stock shock or even better a bilstien or koni lying around

cough up the loot and next day another shock for replacement.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by machomachacho
    damn bro, sorry to hear, big time buzzkill.

potholes are my worst nightmare when i'm out.

was it one massive pothole or the cummulative effect hitting a bunch of potholes/f'd up roads over a period of time?

how did you fix the bent wheel? DYI or a machine shop?

hopefully you got some mileage out your shock. i'm thinking full firm might be alot tougher on the shock and wheels on impact, but prob better setting just for clean road/track.
    yeh it sucked!.. had to change to my spare at the side of the road! but oh well.
    I think it wa just kinda over time with the potholes.. but since my shock is knocking (loss of all the oil) it hit a nice sized pot hole and just bent the shit out of it.
    I fixed the wheel myself.. it was a rear one too. I had to already fix a front one about a month ago or so.. Ive never bent so many whees before!
    but I took the rear tire off the rim and got the torches out.. heated the lip up slowly and carefully hit it back into place with a block of wood and a large hammer! owrked out really well for the front wheel when I fixed it so I figured why not for the rear!.. no problems yet.
    knock on wood.
    Im gonna look around for a shock.. carpooling isnt realy an option.. no one at my work really drives by me on the way there. I may just get a new set of shocks. I like the adjustability of the Koni's.. but I knew they had a reputation for shocks leaking too.. I should have got something else!

who else makes adjustable shocks?.. Koni the only ones?