Thread: Vertical hood placement

Vertical hood placement

Do any of you guys know about your 202 hood being able to go vertical while working on it? There is a pull out lock on the drivers side hood-hinge that lets the hood stay upright at 12 oclock! I didnt know about it until I was hangin around my indie shop getting my tranny fluid changed out. I was like "wtf"? All the 202's in the shop had the hoods straight up! I bet AMG didnt even take the hoods off when the C280 motor came out & the C36 motors went in?(BTW, what did C43 cars start life as - 4 bangers or 280's???) Makes it ALOT easier to get to your oil-filter & stuff - plus it looks cool at the GTG's!!!! I dont think it is in the owners manual???

Opps, boss is coming , late
    1996 C36 /////AMG..(sold).....now rolling an \'05 EVO VIII

Yep, even 201, 124, 203, 210, etc... can do this too. Beats having to hit your head on the hood everytime you work on your car.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

and yet i still hit my head on it after i lower it LOL
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Yep, the 90 degree hood is one of the best things on a Mercedes!!!

I also did not know this either until the first official benzsport gtg. Nokia and JRE320 showed me and I was like DAMN! That's cool!

They also taught me I did not need the dealership to swap my OEM corners for clears, d'oh! My, how much I have learned since then

I didn't know this at all! That's badass! I've only had the car for four months so i really haven't been under the hood much. Damn, you learn something new everyday, I'm gonna check this out after work tonight.