Thread: Hot or Not: trunk 3rd brake light

Hot or Not: trunk 3rd brake light

What do you think:

(don't look at the taillights)

I think it looks good, I'd like one, maybe a little thinner tho

Etienne

I like the W203 in the upper left corner...C270CDI with almost all factory options incl. the AMG styling package and (MBenzNL) bi xenon lights...that is my (seriously) wannahave next car...

As far as the brakelight in the W202 goes...it looks good on pictures!

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

OG Moderator
    Steve you should start an exchange program, USDM mercedes parts for euro parts. I noticed that silver 202 has the US trunk and corners.

For me, I would like it if it was slimmer like an SLKs.

i defenitively like it but since it has the third light i would not have the spoiler on the car

Elvir
    Baaa

Yes! Looks great!

willpower
    looks very clean... and a great idea considering his AMG spoiler blocks out the stock 3rd brake light.

Steve: I think a US/Euro exchange program would be definitely cool... lots of clear corner business for sure... can even do front fenders for those UK guys not wanting to bother with filling in holes.

As far as exchanging parts goes...that silver W203 in the upper corner is getting US spec bumper inserts (with clear sidelights)...just packed those in my suitcase...

The W202 owner mailed me before as well regarding the US trunklid (knowing that I have shipped several euro trunks to the US) but he got one from germany.

The AMG spoiler did not block his third brakelight due to the fact that during the productiondate of that car the third brakelight was optional in europe and most cars came without that third brakelight.
    Please note that the newstyle trunk is an upgrade from the oldstyle trunk he used to have...which is the only way to go IMO.

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

I like that brake light. I wish I had one on mine! Unfortunately, body mod like that require lots of money cause they're integrated into the body itself. Oh well, looks nice anyway.

Not bad, but I wouldn't do it if I had a 202.

Speaking of clear lights though, does anyone know if an SLK 3rd brake light can be had in blue or clear The red on my pop's car just doesn't look right

Originally posted by Ozzie Bob
    Speaking of clear lights though, does anyone know if an SLK 3rd brake light can be had in blue or clear The red on my pop's car just doesn't look right
    The one in that W202 IS a R170 (clear) brakelight...

greetingz,

www.MBenz.NL

I thought that brake light looked familiar. Yes, they do make a clear one (I believe Lorinser makes it). You can probably get transparent blue spray, but it probably won't be legal...

personally, i liked it red...then again, i had a black car..
    2006 xB - bubble tea mobile
    1984 AE86 SR5 - project levin
    1986 AE86 GTS - project trueno

Originally posted by SLK Boy
    I thought that brake light looked familiar. Yes, they do make a clear one (I believe Lorinser makes it). You can probably get transparent blue spray, but it probably won't be legal...

personally, i liked it red...then again, i had a black car..
    Pop wasn't too big on the clear 3rd light Now I gotta find him a different grille. Luckily, there are a few places in Aus that sell them