Thread: 12V supply in engine compartment avail?

12V supply in engine compartment avail?

Im not sure which section this goes in, but i guess thats why we have moderators

anyways my question is: is there a 12V source in the engine compartment without wiring from the trunk and brining it to the front? Thanks all. (btw its for the hid ballests)
    2004 S500

What you can do is what I did with my power for my monitor and CarPC. Tap a fuse in the rear with an add-a-fuse from Advanced Auto or something and throw some 16 gauge wire on it with a female end from a cigarette lighter power splitter and viola you've got a 12V source.
    2011 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S. Tronic Ti Package
    APR FMIC
    APR Stage II Software
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT (Sold)
    1999 C 280 Sport (Sold)
    1995 C 280 (Sold)

yeah there is a power source in the engine bay. on the drivers side fender behind the washer tank, you'll see a rectangle box. flip the cover open and make your connection. make sure to include a inline fuse if your running power directly off that especially since it's for your hid's.

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

i got it, thanks a lot guys.
    2004 S500

Re: 12V supply in engine compartment avail?

Originally posted by whitec230k
    Im not sure which section this goes in, but i guess thats why we have moderators

anyways my question is: is there a 12V source in the engine compartment without wiring from the trunk and brining it to the front? Thanks all. (btw its for the hid ballests)
    Yeah I had a scatter brained day yesterday, I didn't even finish reading your post, sorry.
    2011 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S. Tronic Ti Package
    APR FMIC
    APR Stage II Software
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT (Sold)
    1999 C 280 Sport (Sold)
    1995 C 280 (Sold)

teh HID ballast should just use the plug for the stock bulbs. It should have male slip-on connectorrs and just go in, unless you have a wierd one then

the hids have a seperate relay and it only uses one of the leads from the headlight H7 female lead, so the other one is NOT being used and because of that my car thinks i have a burnt out light bulb..

Is there to bypass this, or is there a way to use both the leads in the headlights without the use of the relay?
    2004 S500