Thread: C36 part number request

C36 part number request

Hi Everyone,
    I'm looking of a part number for the engine computer that is located on the passenger side footwell. I'm looking to put a c36 engine in my W124 Cabrio. I have a line on the engine but the guy is looking for a part number for the controller.
    Thanks,
    Joe

Hey Joe,

The control module on the passenger floor is not the engine control module, it's the idle speed control module which controls the throttle actuator. The engine control module on both your 124 and 202's is on the passenger side of the engine compartment in the module box by the bottom of the windshield. Unfortunately I don't have part numbers for you but I can look tomorrow possibly and try to get them for you.

For what it's worth, you can swap in the C36 engine and use all your electronics and the engine will run just fine, it just won't be at it's optimum. The C36 engine control module has enhanced parameters for fuel and ignition curves, as well as a higher rev limit that unleashes a few extra ponies. This is a great swap for your car and even of you can't find the matching C36 modules to go with it for now, you can still swap the engine and get the hard part done. Good luck.......keep us posted.
    http://www.sg-motorsports.com

rollinrealbig
    not to be an ass, but parts numbers belong in the "Part number" section of Club202

Originally posted by benzaddict
    Hey Joe,

The control module on the passenger floor is not the engine control module, it's the idle speed control module which controls the throttle actuator. The engine control module on both your 124 and 202's is on the passenger side of the engine compartment in the module box by the bottom of the windshield. Unfortunately I don't have part numbers for you but I can look tomorrow possibly and try to get them for you.

For what it's worth, you can swap in the C36 engine and use all your electronics and the engine will run just fine, it just won't be at it's optimum. The C36 engine control module has enhanced parameters for fuel and ignition curves, as well as a higher rev limit that unleashes a few extra ponies. This is a great swap for your car and even of you can't find the matching C36 modules to go with it for now, you can still swap the engine and get the hard part done. Good luck.......keep us posted.
    See, I tried this on my C280, but I didnt notice any improvement in power or throttle responce.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

Originally posted by benzaddict
    Hey Joe,

That would be great if you could.
    Thanks,
    Joe