Hi,

Okay I finally got my w210 mirrors (heated, dimming, blinking).

I need to know how to remove the plastic cover from these mirrors. I removed the plastic cover from my W202 mirrors when I was having a look at the wires but it seems impossible to do this to the W210 mirrors when they aren't mounted to a car

(and I don't know how I would mount them to the car either as it seems too hard to do (prying open the mirror and trying to push it against the car while someone is screwing them in)).

My W202 is a right hand drive so my left hand mirror is the passenger mirror. My W210 mirrors are left hand drive spec, so they have the dimming function on the passenger side (I don't think I could have used this function as I do not have a dimming rear vision mirror).

Here are the left passenger W210 Mirror side wires:

Here are the left passenger car side wires:

Here are the right drivers W210 Mirror side wires:

Here are the right drivers car side wires:

Now for the connection options for these mirrors:

Option 1: You can convert the W210 mirror side plug to a W202 compatible plug which directly plug onto the car. (This one seems to be the best option for keeping the car side of things OEM).

Option 2: You can remove the wiring harness from the car side and follow it to the console somewhere? and unplug it, then attach a W210 wiring loom at the console and run it back to the door mirror and then plug it into the mirror for an easier plug and play application. All that is then left with this option is to run wire's 6 and 7 to the side marker on my car and tap into those wires.

As you can see in the pictures my car has the 5 pin rectangle connector, it doesn't have the circular one I also see in other people's pictures? Does this make the install easier considering I only have that one plug to convert?

So I am kind of lost as to which direction to go in with installing these mirrors.

Will there be any soldering involved with converting the mirror to the W202 plug? It doesn't look like the wires on the W210 mirror are soldered in but rather held in, in the plastic clip somehow?

And which wires on the W210 mirror correlate to which wire on the W202 plug? I know 6 and 7 will be run to the side marker on my car for the blinker to function, but:

Does the Black / Red wire in position 1 on the W210 mirror plug correlate to the Black / Red wire in position 1 on the W202 plug? and the same question for the other 2, 3, 4 and 5 wires?

It's just that I saw Steve had written the wire numbers up here (where I got my info from) and he said that the 1-5 wires on the mirror correlate to the 1-5 wires on the car but the third wire color was white in his post whereas my third wires on the W202 car plug are Black / White.

Thanks guys!