Hey everyone,

my real name is Bryan...I live in SoCal, and back in June I picked up a well-used but fair condition black 96 c280 in a rough part of LA through craigslist. I was originally going to pick up an Acura Integra GSR for similar price, but the lure of owning a coveted marque such as Mercedes Benz (even though it was an older one) was just too much to pass up. I got it for 2500 bucks, and I had to put in about 1600k with my mechanic to get some of the issues it had, like a significant oil leak around the valve cover gasket. The AC wasn't working when I got it, but part of what I invested into it amongst about 5 other less major problems was to have my mechanic get it working. I live in the Mojave Desert and the temps here can easily get up to 110 deg. at the peak of summer. I'm happy to say through all summer I had it full blast and took full enjoyment out of it.

I'm 25, I'm a part time college student and I work part time. I've always been a big car "enthusiast", and I do have a full set of tools and a garage to work in, but unfortunately the family I grew up in absolutely HATED cars and they find my recent interest in wrenching on cars the last few years quite "weird" to say the least. To make it harder, my close friends are not into cars at all, so my hobby in modding and driving as a hobby has been quite alone and without the bro friendship of others.

I've recently gotten severely addicted into car personalization/modding within the last 2 years. My last car was a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL, and I was an active poster on clubnissan.com, a huge forum and modding community for the 3rd gen altima. The car got involved in a wreck which totaled it along with about 6k in mods and upgrades, but it was my first taste at going to vehicle-specific meets, hanging out with friends I made on the forums and really finding a hobby I really like.

The only problem with this hobby is, because I didn't come from a mechanically savvy family.....my wrenching and modding skills are severely limited. The only way I was able to get as far as I did with my altima...was I leaned HEAVILY on help from local friends I made through clubnissan to come over and help me wrench on my car. My ability to do significant mods like suspensions or engine I just don't feel comfortable doing myself....and if I can't get a buddy to do something, pay him for his time or something similar....usually I have to fold and take it to a fabricator friend who has a performance shop he does just about anything for, for a set price. I usually end up going to him as a last resort, because his rates are expensive. I wish I could get to a point where I'd feel comfortable wrenching more on my benz, but I'd need help if anyone on this forum is local to me.

Right now, I just have an iPhone and I don't have any pics of the car. Being on my own with this new ride and not currently being part of a car crew, I've done as much as I can to the car without being a part of a community like this. Without having pics to show, all I've done is an update to the stereo (it had a Pioneer from 2005 in it) to another Pioneer that had iPhone support and Pandora/Spotify connectivity. The car already came with some pretty decent-sounding speakers, although I don't know what they are (or where the hell all the bass is coming from in the back without a sub). Cosmetic mods have been a hood emblem delete with a benz hood cap purchased off eBay, replaced the stock US-spec corner markers with the amber ones from Europe, smoked the tails but kept the backup strip of the tails clear, bought the "sport" 75 dollar ish grille that comes in black with the logo in the center (I like it personally but I've also seen the AMG one....I found out about that one after I got this one and had I known about it Id've probably gotten the 2nd instead), someone thought it would be "funny" to yank off my plastic model and insignia badges....so for now I had a temporary logo badge made and some model insignia stickers, I had a muffler shop hack off the stock muffler and now I have a euro-style stainless straight through dual tip. It looks very appropriate, and dresses up the car. The resonance is kinda loud up until 60 but on the freeway it's really quiet. I'm tempted to have the stock resonator taken off and replaced with a performance one but I'm too afraid the cabin-noise is going to get so bad I'm going to regret it. (advice?)

OH!

And I bought these for the benz today, first big investment:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251183390579...84.m1439.l2649

I need help picking out tire sizes for these that won't rub. My intention is when I get more money saved to start dumping money into the suspension, and I'd like to lower it on some ksport coilovers (unless there are any other suggestions?). Also, like or dislike on the wheels? They were inexpensive, and I liked the black out look it's achieve. Right now I'm just running on the stock 15's, and it just looks too much like a grandma car still despite my minor efforts above mentioned.

Looking forward to making friends here and getting help.

This was the last pic I took of my altima before it got t-bones and totaled. I really did love that car. I went through some ricer phases with it, but it was a good learning experience!

Peace, and advice appreciated. I will post pics soon.