DRB,
Cheers!, Currently waiting for a free weekend to start assembly so hope to have updates soon.

Remo,
Thanks, what interests me about the timing chain is there are more than a few instances on the net where an M113 timing chain has been repaced due to low rpm grumbling noises apparently caused by stretch(well that's the reason they give), but no where do you find people actually checking to see if they may need a replacement soon. I wonder why WIS gives a value for used chain 2mm lift?(in the case of M113.984 its 25 ATDC)...I can only assume the value is a maximum?

Would the ECU flag the difference in cam pickup vs crank pickup with stretch?

Few people also mention these engines get more powerful with age,maybe its just the chain stretches/retards and the power moves further up the power band^^.

KC,
I'm only changing the diff because I want the complete C55 system,the CLK55 TCU will be looking for 2.82, people say it is not nessasary to change the smaller C43 diff if you intend to run the 5.4 engine only(because you are not changing the TCU).
It wasnt nessasary to change the gearbox in my turbo 202 either but I found alot of metal fillings on the magnet after very short distance^^.