Hello everyone, I thought it would be a good time to change my oil for the tranny and engine since who knows the last time it was done since I just bought the car.

I've done some searching on this thread and there could be a lot better DIY's on these topics so I've decided to do one for all the other people that are wondering how to do this as well....

First before I do the writeup would like to know a few things to ad tot he write up...

specs: 98 c280 sport

1. How many quarts of oil are needed for the engine, and how many for he tranny?

engine 8.5 quarts?

2.Found through searcing that 10w-40 and 15w-40 are the preffered choice among members (don't quote me), but how does each oil weight differ as far as how many mpg's you get? Since my car is around 70degrees year around, what would be the best weight oil on my car for best MPG in these standard conditions with approx. 130k miles on the motor.

3. Lastly, I know where the engine motor filter is....but where exactly is the draining plug for the engine oil and the tranny oil, and what tools are required to access each one? Obviously the motor oil refill is on top, but where do you refill the tranny fluid after it's drained?

Anything else that I forgot please fill them in for the oil savvy people here that have done this multiple times, things that I forgot to mention would be great, for example.

Materials:
8.5 quarts 10w-40 engine oil
engine oil filter
x amount of tranny oil x weight
x tools required

Thanks

:beard: