Thread: My handmade gauge pod

My handmade gauge pod

OK, after looking for hours online at all kinds of sites and searches, i got sick of it and decided to make my own gauge pod myself. But i has a few things to overcome: I has never Bondoed before, never fibergalssed before, and i was flying by the seat of my pants on this one. I think its not to bad, but its not perfect. i still need to pull it back off and clean it up, but it good enough. I have Autometer C2 a/f, Boost/Vac. I Also, for now, have a cheap autopart volt meter because im still waiting on teh autometer gauge.
    Ok, here are some pics:

Thats what i see

from the windshield

From outside and behind

light up

Roca
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    Full audio with MTX, Alpine, And Rf parts
    custom a-pillar pod

lewda
    looks good man, how much did all of that cost you including the guages?

What's that for?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

The gauges where(autometer) where about 150 for the pair, 15-20 for the bondo(got it in bulk), 30 for the pod(you can probly ebay for cheaper) and the OE a-pillar trim. It took me like 30 hrs because i had never bondoed before, so there was a learning curve, but i got it. Oh, the paint was like 5 bucks.
    As for what its for, its a mod tht i had wanted to do for a long time and i wanted to monitor some of the vitals. The volt is just for teh sound system.

Roca
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    custom a-pillar pod

now the only thing you need is a turb0!

Oh, i would, but the car is going to go soon. i have had it for a few years now and its time to get something newer. I have always been into the tuner kind of thing, not rice thoguh, pure function. But i love my 202 though and its always going to have a place in my car heart.
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    custom a-pillar pod

You should have used VDO gauges. They would match your stock cluster better.. Way better. (being that VDO makes your stock cluster)
    Jeeze. It looks good for your first time.. I just can't help at wonder if their is someplace better for gauges than the pillar.
    You have the empty din under your radio correct..? You could (if you wanted to) Fabricate a flat peice to fit flush right there in the empty slot.. Mount three gauges in that.
    They do it on VW's.. Huh.. actually you might be able to use the same part..
    Lemme find a link here...

http://www.42draftdesigns.com

Thats a pic of it in a VW. I think you can get it in the single din slot there below the radio.
    I dunno. Food for thought?

Originally posted by Dubbin'
    You should have used VDO gauges. They would match your stock cluster better.. Way better. (being that VDO makes your stock cluster)
    Jeeze. It looks good for your first time.. I just can't help at wonder if their is someplace better for gauges than the pillar.
    You have the empty din under your radio correct..? You could (if you wanted to) Fabricate a flat peice to fit flush right there in the empty slot.. Mount three gauges in that.
    They do it on VW's.. Huh.. actually you might be able to use the same part..
    Lemme find a link here...

http://www.42draftdesigns.com

Thats a pic of it in a VW. I think you can get it in the single din slot there below the radio.
    I dunno. Food for thought?
    Thanks man. I have always liked the look of that gauge and im tinking about spicing up teh rest of teh gauges somehow, im not sure yet. Oh, thanx for thew link to
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    custom a-pillar pod

Fasho homie