Thread: Windshield leakage after system install

Windshield leakage after system install

Has anyone had their windshiled leak after installing their system?

I've had mine reinstalled twice so far. It all started after the amp & sub install. It leaks at the upper right & all across the bottom. After the first time, they noticed the system & when I played it they measured windshield movement at almost 1/8".

Is this normal for this car? If so I am very disappointed. Is there anything on the market i can use that will make it stiffer, yet not enough to crack it?

Thanks for any insight.
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

well.. what the hell do you have in there.
    you have to understand that sound is pressure, and like all pressure it needs some where to go.
    i have seen a-pillars along with there windshields move at least a 1/4 of an inch in a competition vehicle. but then again those cars were hitting at least 150 db
    unless your car has been in some sort of accident, then your situtaion is not normal, unless again you have some serious thump in your car.

Bow chika bow wow....

I've been installing systems for quite a while so yes I am aware of the SPL.
    The car is accident free, I know this as fact. The car has only been to the Mercedes dealership, no other place has dealt with it, so it isnt like a Jiffy Lube looked at it.
    As for sound all I have is a simple setup of a MTX amp w/ 2 12" RT12's pushing "200 RMS" that is all.
    I have had alot more system in alot less of a vehicle & never had windshiled problems.

This weekend I have a guy coming over & we are guting the interior, checking for cracks, rust or any other oddities & then going to dynamat it all. Also going to start designing a rollcage for it. Not for racing purposes, but for looks & chassis stregnth. Also going to start bracing the underside of the car. Once all is finished I am going to be upgrading the system.
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

be careful how you install your cage, as cages can be dangerous
    -Logan-