Thread: Is this a 230K dump valve?

Is this a 230K dump valve?

Any idea what this is guys?

It's in Italian unfortunately!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Big-Pop-off-Me...QQcmdZViewItem

Any idea what it is, what it would do?

Anyone got anything similar?

I would like to know where this is fited (ie a pic of where the standard item is) if anyone can help.

If it's safe, increases performance or at least just gives a sound like a blow off valve on a turbo, I want one!

thanks

Graham
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport. Manual.
    17\" AMG\'s, AMG \'43 Exhaust, Xenons, Custom Grille, 10\" JL Sub, Kenwood MP3, Handsfree and 5.8\" LCD DVD SatNav

commenly know as the BOV(bottle of vodka).....no,Blow off valve...
    it is simply a bypass valve with a spring,and a diaphram that is feed from after your TB....when you close the TB,there is an instant vaccume that opens the BOV and releases any compressed air from the other side of the TB....

you can fit these on almost any forced induction car...
    your car is fitted with an electronic bypass(VDO) which can be vented into the air to give a similar result...

it will not provide a performance upgrade on your car,but is possible on higher output cars,or modified turbo cars if the bypass system was not already adequate
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

with a little help from google language tools, my guess it that this only makes a blow-off valve sound, w/o performance increases.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

I went to a GTG in Germany and there was a C230K there that looked like it had a standard airbox, but seemed to make a noise like it vented to air when reveved. The owner did not know what was done as he bought the car like it. I don't speak German either which amde communication tricky anyway!

Any idea what may have been done to the car?

I wouldn't mind a little tsssssssshhhhh when I shift!
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport. Manual.
    17\" AMG\'s, AMG \'43 Exhaust, Xenons, Custom Grille, 10\" JL Sub, Kenwood MP3, Handsfree and 5.8\" LCD DVD SatNav

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
    I went to a GTG in Germany and there was a C230K there that looked like it had a standard airbox, but seemed to make a noise like it vented to air when reveved. The owner did not know what was done as he bought the car like it. I don't speak German either which amde communication tricky anyway!

Any idea what may have been done to the car?

I wouldn't mind a little tsssssssshhhhh when I shift!
    Yip....located on the side of your Air box is your VDO bypass,currently every time you open the TB,the bypass opens and vents air back into the airbox...
    you could take the bypass off the airbox and install a small filter on it and also block up the hole in your air box...then your car will go psssh...
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

lewda

Question hey

i know that this thread is dead, but i was just browsing through, if you did that to your air box, would it ruin anything? affect gas mileage or anything, or just make the sound? thanks

rollinrealbig
    If you remove the VDO or whatever its called I thing the CEL may come on. if not then looks for an HKS Blow off Valve I hear those alot they sound nice but Im not sure how they will sound with only around 5-6psi.

i don't think you can remove the bypass valve without having problems, since it's how the motor breathes at idle and low-throttle before the supercharger kicks in. i remember a slk230 that had a modified bypass to work with a BOV to get that sound, but it seemed to me like more effort than was worth it.

If you do get a bov please please please dont get a chepo... Cheops will make you loose boost soemtimes stick open or even shatter. Go with the ssqv by hks best sounding bov and does not leake boost tila bout 40 psi

You need a real turbo car..

his isn't even a fake turbo car. it's supercharged. completely different.

Also, I'll be installing 23k's intake this weekend. i'll do a step-by-step DIY chronicling every part of the non-charged side of the supercharger intake path and the pop-off valve.