Thread: European Plate mounting

European Plate mounting

Hey guys. I want to put a European plate on the front of my car because the US plate/plateholder is lame. What is the best route to go to mount a europlate on?

I tried just mounting it to the bumper where the US Plate holder screws into, but the plate is angled up alot. Is there a European plate holder similar to the US plate holder taht I can get? Or do I have to replace the entire bumper cover? How can I get something like that?

It's on a 1994 C280 by the way.

Thanks

Martin

In europe the pre model updated 202s came with a license plate indent in the bumper...ask 714guy for close up pictures of his euro bumper...

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

I didnt want to drill holes on my bumper. Whats i did is i went to homedepot and got some the thick 3m all weather double sided tape. Its strong enough to hold the euro plate down. Been on my car for a year now and still strong. Hope this helps...

How can I get a hold of one of these European bumper covers? What is the normal price? Also, do they come painted or will I have to have a body shop paint it?

Thanks!

Martin

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by BoominVolvo
    How can I get a hold of one of these European bumper covers? What is the normal price? Also, do they come painted or will I have to have a body shop paint it?

Thanks!

Martin
    I have a euro bumper cover from Steve AKA Europimp. Email him for details. Its entire bumper cover that you have to get painted and replace your old one. As far as i know that the only way to get them is from europe and you need to get it shipped over here.

Another route could be buying the frame/plate holder for the euro plate and that way you only have to drill two holes to the the frame. I think golden has it on his car check out the gallery.
    Got BRABUS?

where do you guys buy your plates from. anyone heard of this place before? https://www.licenseplates.tv/ any good?
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

A local guy on DTMPower owns http://www.europeanplates.com

standard EEC D (German plates with blue on the side) plates are $20 I believe. He's got quite a few of different styles/color schemes of the plates. It's quality stuff too!

Martin

Angry that europlates guy sucks.....

i have placed an order from him like a week ago and have yet to get a response from my emails...i know its the holidays but damn...i figure if you would take my loot on the holidays then you should be able to fill my order....boomin do you know this guy personally...because if so PLEASE ask him to email me....i also tried calling...i'm not tryin to flame but be honest...at this point i'm not happy...and btw...he also has the frame holders....

I'll see if I can get a hold of him.

How does one mount the standard plate on the top of the euro plate on the front and rear. I see that some use 3m tape to hold it so that they do not have to drill the bumper, but how do they secure the standard plate on top? Also, in the rear it looks like new holes are drilled into the plate to fit the euro holes. Is that the only way that it can be done.

Can anyone with pictures of euro plates mounted or experience help. Thanks.

i was thinking about getting my license numbers put onto a euro plate but do you think it would look strange to have a euro on the front and state one on the rear.
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

Originally posted by benzofanatic
    i was thinking about getting my license numbers put onto a euro plate but do you think it would look strange to have a euro on the front and state one on the rear.
    i'm planning to do the same thing. i honestly only like the front white euro german plates, the rear yellow plates are so ugly. haha

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    i'm planning to do the same thing. i honestly only like the front white euro german plates, the rear yellow plates are so ugly. haha
    german plates are white (with blue) on the rear. It's the UK that uses the yellow rears.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Anyone use double stick tape? I don't want to drill any holes.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    german plates are white (with blue) on the rear. It's the UK that uses the yellow rears.
    ohhhhh

i must have only seen the UK plates then, got any examples of the germany rear plates?

do they let you put european plates on the front of your car in USA??

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    ohhhhh

i must have only seen the UK plates then, got any examples of the germany rear plates?
    It's pretty much the same as the fronts:

The first letter(s) denotes the town of registration (Stuttgart in this case) with the rest either being assigned or free.

edit: oh and I forgot, but the dutch also use yellow rear plates...and I'm sure there are other countries as well, all depends on local law.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

that car does to me only angelina jolie could comparably do.

thanks for the info though, renn!

dream car right there
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by JDoggery
    Anyone use double stick tape? I don't want to drill any holes.
    Just drill it. With tape or velcro you risk the chance of it falling off and damaging your car or others.
    Got BRABUS?

how are these mounted? it's hard to see from the images? the rear euro trunk holes do not line up with the euro plate. it needs the plate frame to work. or was the euro plate drilled also?

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by BoominVolvo

Thanks!

Martin
    I actually have one of those Euro front bumper covers.. just the center section of the bumper. Im interested in getting rid of it actually. I recently purchased a Brabus front bumper cover so I wont be using the Euro impact strip anymore.
    they come not painted so you will haev to get it painted at a body shop.
    let me know if you are interested in it.
    Ill post a pic if you want too.
    let me know.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--