Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: here are some pics with my custom turbo installed.

Remolexi,
    I think what he means by "bigger intake",is that the MAF sensor housing is bigger than the OE item,therefore there is more air flowing than what the sensor is actually reading,this would allow the sensor to stay within its operating window...correct me if im wrong.

Do you still need that bung?(just remembered)
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    2.5 im assuming ?

also, sorry if this has already been covered but did you do ignition upgrades ? and how much boost are you running ?

Thanks this really helps me out alot !
    2.5 you are correct. i had it 3inch but it was no good. no ignition upgrades and im running 8.5 pounds of boost.

Originally posted by 23K
    Remolexi,
    I think what he means by "bigger intake",is that the MAF sensor housing is bigger than the OE item,therefore there is more air flowing than what the sensor is actually reading,this would allow the sensor to stay within its operating window...correct me if im wrong.

Do you still need that bung?(just remembered)
    23k you are right. thank you

Wow Have a 3" MAF sitting at home I can use that, I did try using it once with just a COLD AIR INTAKE but it was no good car ran like crap, so I downsized it to 2.5"

Im assuming the 3" will work fine with boost ??

8.5PSI is what I was looking for, I was aiming for more boost then the Eaton M45 found on Komp's but no more then 10-12PSI on stock internals - Ill even consider upgrading the internals if I can pay up.

Yea 23K Im going to need that Bung, Ill talk to a few people to see what info I can get on a custom fuel rail ... but im sticking to OEM one for now, 95660 is my zip find out the price and PM it to me along with your paypal email!

Pipe size will be important,It looks like jstrat has plumbed the MAF into a custom piece of pipe,finding out what size pipe they used will give you some indication of what is needed for a given boost pressure.

Ok no problem i will organise a quote this week!
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

when i had a huge boost leak i had a 3in oulet and the car worked fine, but when i fixed the huge boost leak the car ran like shit! thats why i did 2.5 oulet.

Im planning to do this ... OBX racing filter > 3Inch pipe> 3 inch MAF tube > turbo inlet ... 2.5 turbo outlet > to the IC > to the TB

does that sound good ?