Thread: Dent Ding Pulling or Repair

OG Moderator

Dent Ding Pulling or Repair

I found one thread on repairing dings yourself. Has anyone found a decent solution other than the "dent king" for repairing door dings like those caused by another person's car door? These are the small dents that aren't creased and not the big wide "push ins" that they like to show on the dent puller adverts.

I'd like to find a DIY tool because you know it is likely that more dings will happen.

Thanks!
    1999 C230 Kompressor

i think dent king is your only solution unless you want to take the door apart and push it out, which is a pain in the a$$$$$$$$
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

lol nope, how big is the dent
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

i own a ding king and in the 5 or so years i've had it, i have never, ever used it.

a friend of mine went to a training course on bodywork, and the ding king himself was there to do the training. He admitted that the product only works on some dents. It's a business. Put out a product that people will flock to for a few months and you're done. Make millions in less than a year and then you're done. People realize the product isn't all that it's cut out to be - no more demand, but you suckered everyone up front.

That said - i've pushed out a few door dings by removing the door panel and "massaging" from the inside out. The only real way to do it without drilling and pulling.

Im going actually to DENT KING this weekend as they have a special running. I have some dents on the rear passenger door....I think I heard they use a wire? to fix the dents. What method should I watch out for pulling dents.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

I had dents removed this past saturday...it was done by "massaging" it out.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

A couple years ago I experimented with the "Ding King" (as seen on TV) on my W201. It never really removed the dish shaped door and trunk dents, but it did make them shallower. I ran out of the black "glue sticks" and haven't replenished them to repeat the treatments.

1985 2.3E
    1985 2.3-16
    1999 C280

so it left a little indentation? but can u notice the dent from far away?

Of course I know it's there, but it improve. Just don't expect it to do a real PDR.
    1985 2.3E
    1985 2.3-16
    1999 C280

worth getting or no?

For the price, it's really not much of an investment and there's a fair chance for improvement.

Worse comes to worst . . . you'll have a mini glue gun for the tool kit.
    1985 2.3E
    1985 2.3-16
    1999 C280