Thread: Euro TV Tuner.. finally working.

OG Moderator

Euro TV Tuner.. finally working.

Well some time ago I found a Euro tv tuner on ebay for not too bad a price, so I bought it.

next I had to find a bracket, tv tuner antenna's and wiring harness!.. so i contacted MbenzNL for them (tried to for the tv tuner as well but he couldnt get them any more) and within a few weeks I had the bracket.. and not too long after I had the harness and tv tuner antenna's.
    well I installed the tv tuner and bracket since I had them (waiting for the harness at this point) and I was starting to get excited!! and installed the harness too.

this is what happened!! (since i didnt have the antenna's installed yet)

and finally I just installed the antenna's tonight (saturday june 3 2007) and this is what we gots now!!.. simpsons anyone!?

Im going to be installing a dvd player soon.. have to find a nice compact one to fit into my glove box.. or somewhere.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Thats really really neat Ross! Does the TV Tuner just pick up whatever is in the air then? What is reception like aswell?
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

OG Moderator
    Thanks Mark.. its pretty freakin sick!! Im sure the novelty will wear off soon though!
    The antenna's are pretty good for what they are.. yes it basically gets whatever it can pick up in the air!.. but the reception goes in and out.. for the most part its not too bad.. stays clear.. havent driven with it yet though.. so I will see tomorrow how she performs when driving. I would expect to have it fade in and out..
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Novelty might wear off ya but its cool if waiting in the car or stuck in traffic.

I really am interested in putting the Comand unit in mine but I know that its difficult to do in the 202 with the console setup.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

OG Moderator
    yeh for sure.. traffic and long trips will pay off!!
    its not that difficult to do.. I did mine in my driveway at home. took me about 3-4 hours to modify and install.

haha nice im glad to see that you got everything worked out. I'm most definitely gonna get this kit as long as I keep my w202
    98 c230
    Clear OEM corners
    Xenon interiors
    **RIP**

so could you list all the part numbers and parts you need to make this work? Please...
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

C55 Charter Member
    slammed_c, to repost something you asked and I answered but got lost on the database restore..... yes, using the iPod G5 as my video source but could use a DVD just as well, it plays while I'm moving. If you got your COMAND from Steve MBenzNL, it's probably coded to play video in motion. ...makes me think it's the TV that's blanking the video when moving.... just conjecture however. I'm sure Steve told me about the permutations of operation when he was here and I was aking questions. Brain gets full and things get pushed out I notice as I age...

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by c55m8o
    slammed_c, to repost something you asked and I answered but got lost on the database restore..... yes, using the iPod G5 as my video source but could use a DVD just as well, it plays while I'm moving. If you got your COMAND from Steve MBenzNL, it's probably coded to play video in motion. ...makes me think it's the TV that's blanking the video when moving.... just conjecture however. I'm sure Steve told me about the permutations of operation when he was here and I was aking questions. Brain gets full and things get pushed out I notice as I age...
    I will have to figure out my ipod and how to get movies on it, and I will for sure still install a dvd player.
    I have found out form steve that my Comand itself may have not been coded for video in motion, so i will have to check it out, if I cant change it i will have to get Steve to do it for me with his star.
    lol.. no worries. Im getting that way too.. as you get up there in age it seems you lose your memory more and more!!

hopefully you can get the Ipod video's installed here is something I found for some info on how to do it

Today alot of people got the new iPods for X-Mas. Alot also dont know how to put vidoes on them. Videos must be converted to MP-4 format to be used on the new iPod.http://www.videora.com/en-us/Convert...d/download.php That is the link for the Videora software it is easy to use and works excellent.

HOW TO USE VIDEORA:
    1. Open it up and install it
    2. Get on the convert page
    3. You will see the "One Click Transcode" button click this
    4. Browse the file and select it, it took me about 30 mins to burn the move Friday(600MB)
    5. Once its done go under Videora and click on the videos tab
    6. You will see your move it will have an akward name like TS_06
    7. Open up iTunes and create a new play list
    8. Drag the video over click "Update" on your iPod and now you have video!
    98 c230
    Clear OEM corners
    Xenon interiors
    **RIP**

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by FromanL278
    hopefully you can get the Ipod video's installed here is something I found for some info on how to do it

Today alot of people got the new iPods for X-Mas. Alot also dont know how to put vidoes on them. Videos must be converted to MP-4 format to be used on the new iPod.http://www.videora.com/en-us/Convert...d/download.php That is the link for the Videora software it is easy to use and works excellent.

HOW TO USE VIDEORA:
    1. Open it up and install it
    2. Get on the convert page
    3. You will see the "One Click Transcode" button click this
    4. Browse the file and select it, it took me about 30 mins to burn the move Friday(600MB)
    5. Once its done go under Videora and click on the videos tab
    6. You will see your move it will have an akward name like TS_06
    7. Open up iTunes and create a new play list
    8. Drag the video over click "Update" on your iPod and now you have video!
    Thank you for the link and help, but I have a mac so the software isnt compatible.

I have the 30gig video crapola and problem with video is it drains battery like no tmrw! But was cool to have a music video playing and music coming from the car's speakers.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

C55 Charter Member
    Originally posted by benzonline
    I have the 30gig video crapola and problem with video is it drains battery like no tmrw! But was cool to have a music video playing and music coming from the car's speakers.
    Assuming you're talking about displaying the video-out on the COMAND as well as playing its audio through the car's sound system... sounds like you don't have the XtremeMac RoadShow then... Buy it now and thank me later... I have my iPod loaded w/a bunch a DVD concerts. Pretty enjoyable in the car.