Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony Subwoofers?

i think you should scrap the bose system.... just buy a decent 4 channel amp , as far as the bass links there ok but you will get better low end and performance out of a custom enclosure...i have a 12inch premier sub in my car that sound crazy good...i have pictures in the members area under MY 1999 C230 K SPORT the enclosure is half mdf and have fiberglass in the kick panel...no loss of space in the trunk

i like the bose, ive heard things ive never heard in songs before!!
    2014 Black Sapphire BMW 328d xDrive
    1997 Brilliant Silver C36 AMG 183k miles (SOLD)
    1994 Spruce Green C280 176k miles (SOLD)
    Drexel Business '11

Sorry to disappoint you, but bose really sucks.

Go into any REAL home theater shop, not cheapo stuff like samsung, sony, regular pioneer.

If youre in the right place you will see brands like Runco, B&W, Fujitsu, Pioneer Elite, Faroudja, Sim2, Marantz, and Martin Logans etc...

Ask one of the employees there about how bose compares to real sound equipment if you dont believe me...

Oh yea, and I too have the bose in my car, its horrible.

Sound is a personal thing. But Bose is not bad otherwise they wouldnt put it in Maybach/SLR or the Sistine Chapel.

They create sound that is "pleasing and natural to the ear" not super high treble and ground pounding bass which is the result of why people think it sucks.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

oh i have heard many high end sound systems. my friend has a mcintosh home system which is awesome. compared to many other oem auto stereos the bose is a major step up.
    2014 Black Sapphire BMW 328d xDrive
    1997 Brilliant Silver C36 AMG 183k miles (SOLD)
    1994 Spruce Green C280 176k miles (SOLD)
    Drexel Business '11

Oh come on, even the JBL in my mother's prius blows the w202 bose away.

Sorry, after reading what I have read, and hearing what I have heard, and talking to the professionals that I have talked to, to me, BOSE stands for Buy Other Sound Equiptment.

there are many sayings for bose ....Better Off with Something Else, or all highs no lows must be bose...although if your on a budget you can blow threw the existing bose with a after market and be fine with it,,,its better then sony

the amp in the thread cannot power the subs coz it only has 280 watts peak power...and thats not even rms. you should at least match your speaker and amp wattages

edit:
    go to crutchfield.com and get those buy 1 take 1 kickers, i think its $149..you'll be heard three blocks away!!! just make sure to give them enough power. this is the best deal you can get
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!