Thread: auto switch not working!

auto switch not working!

ok, so now i have installed my new head unit,everything sounds so different and i'm so loving it...here's the problem,when try to put up my window manually, it goes up or down, but when i push the automatic switch, it doesn't work, please help!! thanks in advance
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

make it go up and down a few times without auto n then try it again. this happens to me everytime i disconnect my battery.

ok,will try it now!!! thanks for your reply
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

still the same man,what else do i have to do?
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Originally posted by svt ricco
    still the same man,what else do i have to do?
    it will come back...it always does

what if it didn't? should i take out the battery termiinal again? this shouldn't be happening since it's just all plug and play right?
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

make sure they go all the way up and all the way down without stopping.

if you read the manuel in your car there is a section for your window learning...most time when the battery is disconnected you have to reset your windows and sun roof... most time when you roll windows up and down it learns its self but you have to do the manuel roll up and down.....same with the sun roof
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

ok, thanks for your replies!! fix everything this morning, now everything works just fine!! sub box and lowering springs are the last mods, will post pics soon
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Originally posted by svt ricco
    ok, thanks for your replies!! fix everything this morning, now everything works just fine!! sub box and lowering springs are the last mods, will post pics soon
    so how did you fix it in the end? just roll the window up and down manually?

close the windows, press up for 2 secs,voila!! you have to do this on all 4 windows
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Pg. 76 of my 1999 C230/C280/C43 Owner's Manual states:

Synchronizing Sliding/Pop-Up Roof

If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or empty), or if the sliding/pop-up roof is blocked during closing/opening procedure, the system has to be synchronized.

To do so, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move and hold switch in direction (3) (up) until the sliding/pop-up roof is completely raised at rear, and hold for additional 1 second.

And pg. 78 states:
    Synchronizing Power Windows

If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or empty), the windows cannot be opened or closed by the Express feature.

To resynchronize the Express feature, press ^(up) side of power window switch until the window is completely closed and hold for additional 2 seconds. Repeat procedure for each window.

The automatic full opening and closing procedure of the windows should now be restored.

(I'll quote it again: "The only thing I learned from my computer science degree... was to read the manual." :-) )
    1999 C43 AMG Black - sold
    - Eagle Eyes: BZ055 Clear Corners with LED 2357A, BZ062 Tails with LEDs; LED lic. lamps
    - VVME H7 4300K HID/Xenon Lower Driving & Low Beams (& replaced Halogen Lenses with OEM Xenon Lenses)
    - Sylvania SilverStar H1 High Beams
    - Silver Star Re-man and improved Trans./Conv.
    - Eibach Pro-Kit & Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads in Front
    1999 C280 Sport Black - sold
    2005 E55 AMG Black for fun
    2007 GL450 Carneol Red for hauling!