Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Went up the CAI

if im not mistaken 3".............just pop open your hood, sounds like you building a WAI. You'll have to extend the pipe all the way down that hole
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    ...sounds like you building a WAI...
    LOL! No im actually building a CAI with heat shield, i understand that the engine bay will still probably casue the car to suck up up hot air anyway but i think i'll be alright if i positin the shield well enough...

Im in school right now and won't be able to dsee my car for a while so that's why im asking 3" you say? That mean sI cant use their heat shield...
    :banana:2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sport:banana:

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

your building a heat shield for the filter? if so that means your putting your filter in the engine bay?...well since i did a lot of research on these i find it better to run it into the bumper because putting the filter in the engine where its hot can do more harm then good ...if you do a search on CAI you'll find a lot of ideas and ways we did our intakes....anytime you put it in the bumper take necessary pre cautions like use a AEM by pass etc to avoid any time of watering entering the system....
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Originally posted by Logic
    your building a heat shield for the filter? if so that means your putting your filter in the engine bay?...well since i did a lot of research on these i find it better to run it into the bumper because putting the filter in the engine where its hot can do more harm then good ...if you do a search on CAI you'll find a lot of ideas and ways we did our intakes....anytime you put it in the bumper take necessary pre cautions like use a AEM by pass etc to avoid any time of watering entering the system....
    The thisng is i don't like the idea of running a pipe that long down to the bottom of the engine bay i dont like how it looks asthetically. Is there any other box-type intake that will fit our cars like a carbon dynamic airbox or something?

PS - How effective would a Green Drop-In Filter be?
    :banana:2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sport:banana:

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

Like the stock air box is pretty good, it just needs improvement, i think you really don't need to do any of that, if you can make a air duct from the bottom up to the airbox it'll do the same purpose. It truely all depends if your doing it for looks and sounds. CAI always give out a cool sound, and the 23k it sounds like a turbo blow of vavle everytime you let off the pedel quick. Drop in filters only kick in at high rpms, and i don't think they make that much of a difference at low rpms
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao