Thread: Drivers Side Mirror-Glass fell out?

Drivers Side Mirror-Glass fell out?

Gents, i have another side view mirror problem.
    I woke up to go to class today, went to my car and i find the mirror portion of my Drivers side mirror, just hanging by the wire. I tried to fix it and eventually got the 2 plastic pieces to go into the motor holes, but it does not seem sturdy at all and comes out easily.

Any fixes for this?

Yea man. I had thesame thing happen. My brother got out of the car and slammed he door and the passenger side mirror just popped of. I couldnt get it back in the right. way, cause every time i thought i did it right i would drive off and it would wobble around. So i just took it to the dealer and one of the guys popped it right back in with no problem. It literally took him 5 seconds. It sucks that u have to take it all the way to the dealer just for a mirror, but what can u do...
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

Well i got the cover of the mirror off, popped it in, and when i go to change the direction of the mirror, it doesnt worrk too well and when i close the door, the thing just shifts. I looked at it more closely and it seems as if, in the middle of the mirror there are 2 small hooks that go into a hole, one of the hooks is broken.

I know the stealership is going to rape me if i go there.