Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C230ksport00 (cai)

hey a bypass could have saved you LOL anyways i took every precaution when i had this done . C230 is going to love this CAI and i dont think he is going to be riding in a lake or any thing any time soon. i will soon get the other side done this spring so C230 if you want i can send pictures of it. basically what i m doing is getting matching pipe done to the other side of the car so it will look more uniform. Chris said it shouldn't take long to make and i will see if he will make another one just in case you decide you what one
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

yea man, that sounds great! Whenever you get a chance just send some pics. I really appreciate it. Thanks again! :banana:
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

well i have nothing but to blame myself, no bypass, and no splash guard:bored:
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

What happened to your CAI Cru?
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

i still have it, theres no use for me to put it on, it makes me waste gas....i'm trying to save money. Trying to make your benz go faster is pointless. All these newer cars have more hp anyway

as far as making them faster isn't bad since me my self wanted something peppy with a mercedes name. i m not really worried a bout some hyped turbo car coming up and ripping me one , like you said cru so what your car is fast my wheels cost more then your car LOL.
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

hahaha i say that and

my supercharger is bigger then your V-tech

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

is that a full setup or just the exhaust?

That is the full setup. The new piping starts from the headers then connects to the racing cat then resegnator then muffler.

Hey Logic. Whats the word on the CAI? Whats the weather like up there? When does your winter end? No rush, I just really want the CAI. Thanks man.

well there are some days that are in the 50's but to get with him and getting it done seems impossible sometimes...so i m thinking around april? maybe sooner ..depend on the ground hog see's his shadow LOL ... chris will also be making another one for another guy on here so as far as i know there will be 3 built... be patient its worth the wait. i wanted to get my car dyno'd but didnt get a chance to see what improvements were achieved so if you can get this done before and after i bet alot of guys on here would love the info ...laters DES
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Sounds good. I cant wait. How do I find out where there are DYNOs near me?

ummm try google you never know LOL or maybe a local tuner shop and ask if there is one close to you ... i would love to know what hp i increased with just the intake and exhaust... from what i been told i maybe increased mine by 18 to 21 hp but if you get a dyno then we can say we have proof
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Ok cool. I will look into that. I think that would help alot guys out here. Its about time I contributed to the 202 nation.

just talked to chris and he was telling me he has been very busy but will be getting with me here pretty quick to get you your intake. i m not sure exactly what you two talked about but when the factory box is replaced there is a small hose that goes from the air box to the side of the engine. i believe its the oil cooler? any ways if you look at the factory air box follow the small hose to the engine which connects to a black piece thats on top... well since thats not part of the intake all you have to do is get a small breather element filter and stick it on the end on that hose. the way i did it was i found a small piece of metal pipe that fit inside the rubber hose and used a hose clamp on one side, the pipe piece stuck out of the rubber hose so that the breather mounted to that so it could mount secure. if you didnt do that the hose would colaspe and not make a good seal understand what i m saying? if not chris does.. so if you want to include the breather with small pipe let chris know and see if he included that in the original price. or have him draw you out a diagram to show how it was done....just saw the video you had on your exhaust and sound very similar to mine. when you was gunning it with the factory box does no justice until you get that intake done. that intake will make the whole car sound so much better
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Sounds good man. Thanks for all urhelp. Keep me in the loop.