Thread: Impressor

Impressor

HI guys, I have a C230k 2000 model and as of recently the BAS light comes on and for the life of me have no idea as to what has gone wrong or if anything is broken? I've noticed that my skid control also doesn't work when the BAS light comes on. It is rather irratic and comes on sometimes and at times doe'sn't...Any Help?

OG Moderator
    Do you get any codes when you scan with a hand held OBD II reader? OBD II is rather limited when it comes to ABS troubleshooting but sometimes you get lucky.
    1999 C230 Kompressor

BAS

it stands for braking assist system

now have you washed the engine bay in the past ?

in front of the brake servo and next to the fuse box
    look down under the brake servo you will see a box with three connectors in it these boxes can take in water very easy and fry the circuit board get one from a scrap w202 dosent matter what model once a w202 if yours is face lift get one from a face lift w202 and so on

also check or replace the brake light switch for brake light this one is the most common one 10 to 15 euro for this new
    c36 ///AMG ,,, c240 v6 sport

Ok thanks guys...i do appreciate the input and will definitely repsond once i've sourced the problem...thanks again...