Thread: Wiring Harness available/price?

Wiring Harness available/price?

Well the non-idling saga continues. Took it to a shop and they say at least part of the problem is the wiring harness is shot. Wires crumbling everywhere inside the housings. I took a look and there are cracked and bare wires everywhere inside the closed harnesses to the coils and injectors and I assume everywhere else under the hood. MB wants $1080 for this 30 some-odd feet of wire but I will plant flowers in it and call it a terrarium before I will pay that for something that may or may not fix the car - this after spending $300 on a new MAS. Does anyone know of a regularly priced replacement harness from some after market supplier anywhere? Mine is the C220 4 cylinder. If not it's going to the scrap iron recycling facility here in town - all with a perfectly good engine, tranny, and body.
    \'96 C220
    \'01 ML-430
    \'05 Lexus RX330

call around for scrap yards and search ebay. for a c220 you should be able to find a wiring harness that will work out of any M111 block in the states (c220, c230, c230 kompressor) from '94-'99. 2000 might be a LITTLE different

you will only be able to use a 94-96 C220 harness since those years used HFM system. everything after that was ME. try potomac german at www.pgauto.com or ebay, however, these will be used, and quite possibly defective as well. your best bet would be to either buy a new one or have someone make you one using your old connections. thats what I usually do for my customers. it saves a lot of $$$.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

Be careful on ebay.

It was a while back and I can't remember the exact details. But I saw a thread about a guy who installed a new harness on his car. He proudly posted the repair, complete with pictures. Then the same guy put the old harness up for sale on ebay, same email address, user name, everything. Guess he thought nobody would notice...

Where do you send them to repair harness?

Quote Originally Posted by motorboat View Post
    Where do you send them to repair harness?
    To the dealer or a shop.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Contact Josh at doin12volt@yahoo.com. He can make a new updated harness for around $729 or rebuild your old one for around $550.