Thread: My Horn has just stopped mid way through anger!

Unhappy My Horn has just stopped mid way through anger!

all of a sudden last night walst playing a tune with my horn, funny as it sounds!
    my horn has now suddenly stopped working all together, i have checked what fuses i think are related to it and u can hear the relay clicking when pushing the horn but yet no horn, i have taken one of the horns off and tested it on a battery and all seems fine!? this is driving me mad! hopefully someone can help me.......

Pretty sure that the relay would not operate if the fuse was blown. Since the horn works, I'd suspect wiring between relay and horn. I take it there is no voltage at the horn when the relay operates?
    \'94 C220
    Black.

-------------------------
    Chaos reigns within.
    Reflect, repent, and reboot.
    Order shall return.
    -------------------------

similar thing happened to mine... fuse was ok... at first i thought it was the relay.. so i bought one... it still didn't work... after more research i replaced the clockspring and it fixed the horn issue...

edit:

I see you tested the horn. Maybe Wichi is correct in thinking the clockspring. Or, maybe the relay is arcing and failing, not passing a full 12 volts under load.

Sometimes those old electrical horns just overheat and die. Put a meter across the leads, and have someone press the horn with the key on. If you get 12 volts, the horn(s) may be the issue.
    Last edited by nhmercracer; 10-17-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks for you tips, iv fixed it this morning with a dropped wire from the relay! grr Happy days

where to obtain a cop siren horn?
    my old man had a police siren on his car when I was a kid, it was very coooool.