Thread: subwoofer installation.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Look to see if there are any push tabs on the front of the bottom cushion. If so push them in then ...(and if not) lift the front of the cushion up. The bottom cushion comes out first. Once it is out, you should see 3 screw bolts at the bottom of the back cushion. One on each side the other in the middle. Take those out. Finally push the rear cushion up about an inch and it should come free.
    \'94 C220
    Black.

-------------------------
    Chaos reigns within.
    Reflect, repent, and reboot.
    Order shall return.
    -------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by strictlyspeakin View Post
    Look to see if there are any push tabs on the front of the bottom cushion. If so push them in then ...(and if not) lift the front of the cushion up. The bottom cushion comes out first. Once it is out, you should see 3 screw bolts at the bottom of the back cushion. One on each side the other in the middle. Take those out. Finally push the rear cushion up about an inch and it should come free.
    I actually figure it out just feeling around. It was extreme easy, near edge of the bench seats you will find the "metal hook", press it back towards rear of car and lift up gently, repeat it on the opposite end. Once the tabs are unhooked, lift up the seat and pull out. The remaining portion of the seats are held down by 3 bolts, 1 per side, 1 in the middle. Push the seat up towards roof to unhook the 3 hooks on the top of the seat and lift off.
    1997 C280 Sport

As for my set up, it was EXTREMELY easy to do.

RCA wires ran from HU, down the center console (shifter) down to the passenger side where the flooring is overlapping another, I tucked them under there, ran to the passenger door sills, up the rear seats (there is a black cover piece with tires inside, so I opened it and tucked the RCA in there) ran it out to the trunk to the Amp. I have Kenwood 8104D Mono amp and it fit PERFECTLY on the CD Changer tray (removed the CD CHANGER). I ran power(+) from the batter about 2'5 ft long, with a fuse holder in the middle. Ran a 18" ground(-) to the body. For the 12V Remote Turn On, I used a Add-A-Circuit to the rear fuse panel right by the battery, and added that to the "Windows" fuse. This worked perfectly.
    1997 C280 Sport