Thread: White Face Gauges

White Face Gauges

So my friend got the C36 cluster for his C280 and I got white face gauges.

My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

Yo I think both the white face and the c36 gauges are dope

How'd u install that?

Looks like a very clean install. I recently tried this on my cluster as well but the gauge faces ended up bubbling all over the place, I wish they turned out like this!

@Chim, very carefully haha, no but its a pain in the butt, a very tedious patient process.

@Emil, thanks man, sorry to hear, i actually just purchased legit c230 sport guages with white needles, a mod that will be killer!

@Hunt, thanks man, both designs are awsome. ^^
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

Did u have to pull the needs off?

Well, the first time I did. Its a PITA. But patience is key. U need to be very careful.

Those gauges are good.. but I just cant settle for them, I want legit Sport Cluster gauges. I'll probably dish them out. These are solid piece overlays, not stickers, but actual overlays.
    Like us on Facebook!

I replaced the face on my speedometer due to fading issues about 8 years ago. I pulled out the needles but you need to be very careful, they can easily snap off and break in several pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by chimchongdlight View Post
    Did u have to pull the needs off?

Double what mercy said, I was scared out of my mind, luckily, my friend went through this already and knew from ... ahem.... experience. Lol.
    Like us on Facebook!

Haha experience. Nice

Are the white faces smooth or a bit textured?

What do they look like at night?

i have a white sport clock set in the garage that i can sell if any one needs them i can post a pic if needed it may help some one out

im in europe in ireland but postage should be ok i would think
    c36 ///AMG ,,, c240 v6 sport

I've been wanting to do the white SLK gauges but i'll get around to it eventually.

Hate bringing up a old thread.. But I got rid of the white gauges that I had... and instead put Mercedes OEM Sport White Gauges in my car instead ^^... I need to fix that darn LCD screen haha.

Last edited by Yujin; 03-02-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Like us on Facebook!

nice, u should post a pic w/o flash on the phone, it'll be sick if you can control or manipulate the color of the needles

That look awesome! How did you go about switching the needles from the orange to the black & white?

I Used a real C280 Sport Cluster and transferred all the parts I wanted over
    Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    I Used a real C280 Sport Cluster and transferred all the parts I wanted over
    how did you remove faceplates when you did the swap first time?
    are they glued on the back of the cluster?

did you just lift the plates of their 2 stabilizer pins on both sides?

when you put the new ones did you have to glue them on?