Thread: I havent used my 202 in 2 years. now the radio doesnt work?

I havent used my 202 in 2 years. now the radio doesnt work?

so 2 years ago my 95 202 worked fine. the radio and cassette player worked perfectly with my amp and subwoofer. then i put my 202 in my garage and didnt use it for about 2 years. now i go to use it and when i turn on the oem factory radio there is no sound. the radio turns on but i dont hear anything in any of the speakers. i hear the subwoofer turn on but i hear no sound. what has happened? i havent touched anything since i put it in the garage. how do i fix this? has a wire become disconnected somewhere by accident? let me know what to do thanks in advance

Amp. The caps dry out. Youre lucky it lastd this long. Save yourself hundreds and take it to a good electronics repair guy and telll him to replace all the capacitors, or at least get a quote. Its a simple design and any tech should have no problem fixing it. Becker charges 300 for the same job. See if you can find a guitar amp repair tech, might get a better deal.
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

well my subwoofer turns on, i just cant hear the radio through any of my speakers. is there any way to fix it? change a fuse on the amp or something? i dont have alot of money to repair it. can i diy? thanks

Are you still using the stock system? You mentioned a subwoofer.
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

its the stock stereo connected to an amp with a subwoofer connected to it. do you know where the wires run through the car so i can check them. do you know of any 202 guide for this, thanks

You need to enter the security code.

Does the antenna go up and down?
    You said that you hear the amp turn on. What do you mean?
    Also did you try an alternate sound source like a cassette...did I really just say cassette?
    \'94 C220
    Black.

-------------------------
    Chaos reigns within.
    Reflect, repent, and reboot.
    Order shall return.

Cassette! In fact the cassette is still a source of good sounds. When I got my '96 C 280 I bought a cassette recorder and started recording from my CD's onto cassettes. The sound is great. You gotta use good tape, and a good recorder. There is something really nice about keeping it original.

It sound like more than a security code problem.

Purists would keep it vinyl but the needle bounces too much over bumps lol.
    \'94 C220
    Black.

Chaos reigns within.
    Reflect, repent, and reboot.
    Order shall return.

do you have factory bose system for your regular speakers? If so i have a amp sitting here. Worked fine when removed from my 202.
    RoyalFlush202

Quote Originally Posted by walterk55 View Post
    Cassette! In fact the cassette is still a source of good sounds. When I got my '96 C 280 I bought a cassette recorder and started recording from my CD's onto cassettes. The sound is great. You gotta use good tape, and a good recorder. There is something really nice about keeping it original.
    haha old school, i use to record from the radio onto tape and play it on my walkman...haha..just a reminiscing moment
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"