Thread: Clutch Fan Delete/ Add Electric fan Controller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I did this on my car, haven't had a lot of time to test it in the Oklahoma heat, but it seems to do fine for now. Not sure on the 4 cylindar, but on my 6 you can actually delete the fan pulley all together and just run a shorter belt.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicVette View Post
    I did this on my car, haven't had a lot of time to test it in the Oklahoma heat, but it seems to do fine for now. Not sure on the 4 cylindar, but on my 6 you can actually delete the fan pulley all together and just run a shorter belt.
    Dearlove and Atomic- I just took a peek at your build thread Atomic and see that the waterpumps on both your guys C280's are positioned to the drivers side of the motor and are not supported by the waterppump like the smaller C220's. I can see where you guys can use a shorter belt and eliminate some hardware. Nice fan assembly Atomic, I was actually debating that very fan with shroud from Flex-a-lite, but then discovered Spal's gasket and decided I wanted to go just a 16" un- shrouded to fit and get more potential cfm's the the shrouded 14"-why?- because I am running the variable speed controller and will have overkill on only those exceptionally hot days and can run it a lower speed most of the time to get about the same cfm you have.

You guys really have the motors squeezed against the radiator and no room. Mine Ill practically be able to stand in there between the engine and radiator it will have decent room to work. I hate motors that are tough to get stiff and limited visibilty and things like potential leaks etc. This should really free up some power for my little mtor having to turn that big OEM fan assembly. Here's a shot of a C220 engine I took off EBAY. You can see our C220water pumps are behind the fan assembly like a SBC waterpump.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1994 c220.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	2328
    Last edited by Vetruck; 09-07-2014 at 08:34 PM.