Thread: Possible trans upgrade

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guys, doesn;t the C240 W203 share the same rear subframe? It this is correct then it appears this would be the simple and best availiable c240 3.67 carrier (A dime a dozen). I wouild think the stub axles from a C240n would just work instead of using my OEM W202 axles. What am I missing here? Either that or just use the entire rear subframe suspension assembly off the W203 and bolt it right into the W202.

I love the possibility the diff electronics can be disabled like a manual car. I don't care for ABS anyways.(Ive disabled it on very other car Ive ever owned) I am hoping the VSS signal could be changed or the speedo, but any nannies I want disabled.

ill try and contact Russell tomorrow and talk the computer stuff to see if this is all viable. If this is a go- then I will order what I need TCU wise and get the Trans on order here real soon. Even without a diff upgrade yet I still have the same somewhat 1-4 I have now- Only with a taller 1st gear that closes the long gap between 1-2 shift. I could even just add the diff upgrade a few months down the road. The trans right now is my main concern.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 03-23-2015 at 01:31 AM.