Thread: Turbo anyone?

Turbo anyone?

Greetings all, excuse me for not having ANY knowledge on Mercs but I've recently fallen in love, within 6 mths I now have 4 W202s (3 complete wrecks for parts) and a 91 W124 first delivered New in Germany, I found a spotless fully serviced 202 (profile picture) and coming from a motorcycle racing background just want a little-lot performance, I could consider some gass, say a 100hp or drop another donk in it, or say just buy myself a AMG but a want something different, anyone turbocharged a 99 W202? Or has anyone else got an idea for me?? Cheers!!

In Charge
    Hi Stephen,

I cannot tell which engine you have in the car, but there have been people that have expanded their power through FI. Let me know what you have, and I can help you get started.

Den

and Welcome to Club202!
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

It's a 99 C200

In Charge
    An M111? Looks like they did do a s/c version of that engine but not likely in the range of power you are looking to achieve.

Turbo is your way to go. Let me do a little searching and see what's there. Maybe there are others who have built on this engine platform.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

In Charge
    Did a little search on the site. Get in touch with Member s/n Pagz. He did a turbo build for his M111 2.3L car awhile back. He is quite knowledgeable and does performance work on his cars.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

I am turbo charging a M111 w202 2.3 at the moment, it has been a learning curve. Getting through it and should be finished soon, the only problem with turbo is everything has to be custom which isn't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by spm 16v benz View Post
    I am turbo charging a M111 w202 2.3 at the moment, it has been a learning curve. Getting through it and should be finished soon, the only problem with turbo is everything has to be custom which isn't cheap.
    SPM, do a bit of a write up sometime on the project. Are you using a Standalone or Piggyback E.C.U. and how are you controlling boost?
    JJJ.

In Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jones Jr. View Post
    SPM, do a bit of a write up sometime on the project. Are you using a Standalone or Piggyback E.C.U. and how are you controlling boost?
    Yup +1
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

I sure will once it is all finished, I have gone standalone using a haltech platinum sprint 500. The boost will be controlled by a HKS boost controller, and using late model individual M111 idi coils and instead of the wasted spark that ran 2 cylinders off 1 igniter.

Great looking forward to that.

One more question if you don't, are still using the original Throttle Body and if so have still got operational ASR & Cruise Control?
    Last edited by John Jones Jr.; 08-28-2015 at 07:34 PM.
    JJJ.

Negative, No ASR as the differential is a c36 amg welded together to give me a 2 way. Universal 70mm throttle body mounted to cast iron M111 inlet manifold and W201/W124 idle air control valve.

Thanks for that info.
    JJJ.