Thread: Re-installing my stock stereo

Re-installing my stock stereo

What's up everybody, so I'm reinstalling my stock stereo to the bose system and I'm missing a black connector piece w/ wires. It's the black plastic 8 pin connector that plugs into the middle slot in back of the stock stereo. Previously it was cut and converted to a different connector to fit my Pioneer head unit, so if anyone has a stock connector w/ wires attached to it, please, please!!! hook me up. Oh, and please don't post "why are you going back to stock", I can see it coming from a mile away!
    cfortythreezie

OG Moderator
    Actually that is pretty hard to find. You can also look from VW owner because they are using the same connector.

check ebay, both A and B harness pop up for sale from time to time at reasonable prices...
    This one for example...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2463285208
    95 M3 (US)
    87 190E 2.6
    95 318is (EURO)

Thanks guys, they are pretty hard to find! I ordered one from mercedes but it came without wires?!! Crazy huh!? Anyways, the one on ebay looks like a good prospect, I just emailed the guy. Thanks again

New question:

I might be installing a newer stock mercedes stereo in my car from a 99C230k without the Bose System, instead of the stock head unit my 97'C36 with Bose System came with. Will it work w/ the bose system plug n' play, or should I be worried about any differences in power output between my stock head unit and the newer stock head unit I'm considering?
    cfortythreezie

go to a stereo installer and buy the install kit for VW..it's the same plug, however...color coding is a little different..just use an ohmmeter to match the wiring. That's what I did in my '98 C230 to install a Sony deck...just made an adapter to match up to the factory harness.

Thanks for the advice, I actually found an adaptor on ebay so as soon as it arrives, the new old head is going back in. Seriously though, after listening to a stock Bose system in a stock C36, it really doesn't sound that good!
    cfortythreezie