Thread: Removing Mirror Cover

Removing Mirror Cover

Ok, I read the post from JoesC280 about removing the mirror cover but then I saw that J Irwans method of doing this is much easier. Can someone please explain with a little more detail how to remove the mirror cover while the mirror assembly is still on the car. There has to be something more than just pulling. Thanks!

i think there is 3 screws.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by jnolte
    i think there is 3 screws.
    Sorry but thats to remove the entire assembly. Removing the cover requires you push the mirror towards the rear of the vehicle.

Now look inside and you will se a large metal clip that resembles a C. This clip needs to be moved using a flat head to free the ends of it from holding the mirror cover.

Once the clip is moved the cover slides right off.

Its best to bend the mirror and see what the clip looks like as the instructions above will then become clear.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

OK, I am probably an idiot but the big metal C that I see is not connected to the cover as far as I can see. When I look at that same metal C that is on the 210 mirror, I dont see it connecting to the mirror cover. In fact, I am not really understanding how the 210 mirror locks into place. Thank you very much for your help so far!

The 202 mirror as a large C clip the 210 mirror (i'll assume you ment the one with the blinkers) as a little wedge type clip that just needs to be depressed for the cover to come off.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

here a pic

or a link

removing mirror cover