Thread: What Wax Will Yeild the Nicest Wet Look On My Black paint

What Wax Will Yeild the Nicest Wet Look On My Black paint

spring is just around the corner schools almost done and I want to lay down some nice wax on my car since I think its never been done, right now i have purchased the meguires, Cleaner Wax, then from the deep crystal system #1 Paint Cleaner, #2 Polish, #3 Wax, this is the consumer stuff in the red bottle not the professional stuff in the tan bottle, just wondering if the wax is going to give me the wet look that makes the car look so awesome you know just after you have washed it and its still all wet there are no marks and it looks perfect, or should i get the gold class car wax the offer, anyone with experince with these products feel free to coment with tips or tricks, Meguiers is about the most high quality stuff i can get in canada other than custom order, i can get my hands of zymol but on car wash and 1 type of wax.

I have also herd that if you use a power buffer or polisher a dual action setup that it will yeild much better results that you could spend a week polishing by hand and still not get the same results , anythoughts

Zaino!

For something simple and not too expensive, go to a local Harley dealer and buy some Gloss Enhancing Cleaner and S100 wax...very nice on black. For the very best look I have found..a brand new product..2 steps..by Wolfgang...look at wolfgang.com...
    precleaner followed by their Gloss product. It's very natural..very deep..helps hide minor swirl marks..can be applied by hand..not cheap..cheaper than Zaino and not as plastic looking. I own a 98 C230..black...my car has never looked better. For more info , take a peak at http://www.autopia-carcare.com/
    Lots of good, solid info as to the care of a black vehicle.

I personally like Zymol....not the Cleaner wax you get at the local autoparts store, but the "real" stuff. It may require more work to apply correctly.....but it looks great when it is done.

The latest consenus from the detailing gurus that I know have been enjoying Zaino and Meg's NXT line. Since you can pretty easily pick up Meguiars stuff...that might be the thing to try. Zymol Carbon's great, but as was mentioned earlier, it's not easy to apply.

And yes, the Porter Cable makes short work of swirl removal!

and in the words of one detailing guru "Deep Crystal Sucks!"

There's a wealth of information available on detailing, but I'll have to get back to you when I find it again.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

I used Meguiars three step on my black 93 Maxima when I had it and it worked VERY well!

O.k...If you are not a pro, I would use Meguiars Gold Class. They are easy on, easy off, can't go wrong, and tehy do provide very high gloss over then almost every brand out on the market.

Also there is a brand called " Smart Wax " they are also easy on easy off, retail price per bottle is $40 and you can fidn it online for $15 sometimes.

Smart Wax & Meguiars Gold class result are very close.

Used of Smart Wax

Used of Meguiars

Nice Car looks like mine other than the grill rims and hood ornament. Awesome I just have to wait till all the snow is gone befor I wax also I guess I should fix that spot of rust

Originally posted by Andrew C280
    Nice Car looks like mine other than the grill rims and hood ornament. Awesome I just have to wait till all the snow is gone befor I wax also I guess I should fix that spot of rust
    Hey man..i don't do professional detail for nothing..or else Brabus wouldn't have my AutoKlass Sticker on his car when his C36 was featured on Benzo meg man...

since you a professional do you have any idea how my car got this many perfect swirl marks its like looking at a tree that has been cut and you can see all the rings, there like perfect spaceing and its really anoying, also do you have any tips for a do it your selfer.

since you a professional do you have any idea how my car got this many perfect swirl marks its like looking at a tree that has been cut and you can see all the rings, there like perfect spaceing and its really anoying, also do you have any tips for a do it your selfer.
    Start by looking at your washing technique...what do you use? What has the car been through? Autowash? Synthetic wash mits? Only one bucket and mit for the whole car? Understanding how the swirls got there in the first place is the first step in understanding how to prevent them.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

ok well I just got the car but since I have had it I use three different sheep wool mits not the cheap crap ones the good ones
    I use meguiers soft wash sometimes when its really dirty or just water to touch it up during the week, I use one glove for the hood and roof and trunk lid, then another for the doors and the final one for the very bottem of of course chaning the water many times, if i am in a rush i just use the local spray down car wash where you do it yourself.

what else would you like to know I want to prevent these and try and repair them as much as possible.

ok well I just got the car but since I have had it I use three different sheep wool mits not the cheap crap ones the good ones
    I use meguiers soft wash sometimes when its really dirty or just water to touch it up during the week, I use one glove for the hood and roof and trunk lid, then another for the doors and the final one for the very bottem of of course chaning the water many times, if i am in a rush i just use the local spray down car wash where you do it yourself.

what else would you like to know I want to prevent these and try and repair them as much as possible.
    No wool mit for black car, that create the most swirles. And never RUSH washing ur car, never wash ur car under hot sun, never wash ur car after you just drove.. Use Microfiber towle to wash ur car, make sure ur towels is dirt free, before you wash them, teh towle u used on ur wheel don't use on ur car, make sure teh shampoo is bobbuly..and etc, this are the basic

I had a black car a while back and Liquid Glass, really gave the paint "the wet look." It also hold down on swirl marks if you do it by hand, as it's applied in a straight up and down motion. It is also very easy to work with. If your car has wax on it, use the Liquid pre cleaner first.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

wow i thought that wool mits where the best thing who makes these microfible towels where can I get them in canada.

didn't mention about drying Califonia waterblade ?

wow i thought that wool mits where the best thing who makes these microfible towels where can I get them in canada.

didn't mention about drying Califonia waterblade ?
    Microfiber towels should be available at many retailers from the local walmart/target type stores to automotives. In any case, perhaps someone from canada can suggest a good source.

search. think. do. post.

After reading this tread I went out and bought some of Meg's NXT wax. On my Obsidian Black paint that wax has brought out the metal flake and color better than ever. It is the best stuff I have used, but thats not saying much.

I don't wash my cat too often.
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Originally posted by speedybenz

I don't wash my cat too often.
    As long as you wax the cat on a regular basis, I'm sure it'll be just fine.

search. think. do. post.

Oop's. That should have been "washed my car", but I don't wash my cat very often either, leaves too much hair on my tongue.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Originally posted by Renn 208
    As long as you wax the cat on a regular basis, I'm sure it'll be just fine.
    Try a product call Liquid Glass, I had a black car one and this stuff took out all the swirl marks, you apply it in a back and forth motion and removed the same way. You need to get off all the old wax before you use, tray Liquid Glass Wax Cleaner first, then put on at least 3 coats of Liquid class. First and second coat let them back in sun for a day or two, and then apply third coat. You will be impress. This product makes my Silver color look wet and deep.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280