Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CARBON FIBER TRUNK LID and HOOD groupbuy

guys im not trying to talk trash or start fights or anything here. yes all w202's are nice in there own way but a c36/c43 is a totally different driving experience...

i was only trying to give other members the chance to get soemthing that has never been made before and to be unique from all others, so you must imagine my frustration when a guy offers $200, lol

I am going out of my way to post this up for you guys and i want to share it with other members...

so can we please jus stop all this and go forward to the main goal here, which is to produce functional cf trunk lids for weight reduction!!!

once again sorry if i sounded like an ass!!!

In Charge
    I think $250 is very resonable for a fake c/f hood. I'd be stupid to buy a fake for a price like $500.

Either way, good luck. I'd still rater shell out money for a quality piece (real, that is).

Oh yeah....what would be the purpose of lightening the rear? The front I can understand, but having the weight in the rear is kinda vital in terms of keeping the wheels to the ground.

Regards,

:werd: up Nokia. I feel ya.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

i think the car is heavy enough, so taking out as many lbs as you can the better. speedybenz has taken many things off his car to lighten the load even his spare tire and jack in the rear

i guess you can think about it this way, drag cars have fiberglass and gutted and lexan everything, the lighter the better!!!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 99amgc43
    sorry for having my own opinion, I just dont like how people think it is only $100 to overlay cf thats all. no I am not trying to make any business here, I AM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY OFF THESE CF TRUNKS, jus thought some people would be interested in it and I know someone that is willing to make a mold and everything and trying to help other people out.

i didn't see anybody offer 100 bucks for the over lay so dont' be so dramatic

geez guys all im doin is replying to what bangnbenz said, he said just because we own a benz doesnt mean we are making a lot of money and goes on about how he is 18 and drives a c280. How come is it that another benz can trash my thread and i cannot respong back.

respond all you want but dont dont make a bigger ass of your self when you do

I stated that no, i do not think everyone with a benz has money to blow, but this guy has a c36 which is a step up in the w202 models vs the c220 or even the c280. and in my personal opinion i believe the c230 or c280 does not even compare to a c36 or c43 model. I have owned a 97 c280 sport 3 years ago and now i have the c43 so I believe I can have an opinion on whats better.

So what if he has a C36, you have C43 and you want a REPLICA CARBON FIBER hood, if i used your logic then you should be forkin out $1000+ for the real thing since you have a top of the line AMG

No I am not the original owner, I am the second owner since 55k miles and now it has nearly 90k miles and ive had it for about 2 years. I bought the car all stock and am slowly fixing it up.

And if you are a mercedes owner you better have money to spend because repairs on the car are very costly over a civic. You say $200 for a cf overlay then you must be shittin bricks when you find out a brake job for a benz isnt $89 as advertised at your local sears.

You dont need alot of money if your smart, my cost to my fix my car is far less then that of my friends civic. FYI Replacing both rotors and pads for my front breaks on my Benz is about only 90 bucks, all OEM stuff.

you also must be cryin when you find out that the car has 16 spark plugs vs a regular 4 banger.

i dont even think any benz have 16 plugs

I had a sensor go out in my c280 i forget what it was but cost me $600 to replace, a damn sensor is $600? you can get an entire ecu for a honda for $100

why are you even comparing honda and mercedes??? your c43 is 50K new and honda civic is 12K new, so obviously the parts are going to be cheaper.

If you are calling us all cheap ass then spend the money on a real CF hood, Why get a FAKE one ??
    Got BRABUS?

geez guys i wanted to drop this.

but first off, the guy with the c36 offered $200, materials are $100 so 200-100 is $100 to overlay cf on a mercedes hood, do the math

second, please tell me where you got a set of oem front rotors and a set of good brakes pads for $90 total for a 97 c280 please

third off, my car has 16 spark plugs, 2 per cylinder, 8 cyc. multiplied by 2 plugs equals 16, do the math

fourth, I DO HAVE A REAL CF HOOD made by VIS, but the fitment is not great and has huge gaps/humps with the fenders, i thought of overlaying the stock hood to have perfect fitment to line up with the car and because I like the carbon fiber constrast on silver and as for the hood i prefer fashion over function, but thats just me.

Fifth, I am comparing it to a honda because the guy with the c280 said not all benz owners have a lot of money so I compared it to a civic owner.... is it not fair to say a guy with a decent benz has more money to spend than a guy that owns a 91 civic?

so with that said, can we please drop it. thanks

dude thats great that you have a c43. but i feel that you should know me better before you try and bash me, i have a 04 subaru wrx sti from japan too with cusco mods. so before you try to trash my show car, get to know who your talking too. dude i have been on the boards for a long time, and i just recently started posting. but dude. your a bitch.
    -20\" IceMetal 888 rims
    -Hid headlights
    -Rockford-Fosgate Power 20001BD amp
    -Monitor molded into center console
    -4 Alpine Type R 12 subs
    -Euro headlights
    -Headrest monitors
    -Remus muffler
    more to list at another time

In Charge
    Let's keep it clean and civil, please.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

okay guys I wanted to drop this and yes can we please keep it clean and civil?

first off it would be "you're a bitch" meaning you are a bitch, not your a bitch as in that is your car or owning something.

also, you have a jdm 04 sti? I would love to see pics of that with RHD and everything, that would be the first one i have seen in the US. Also, you have a 04 jdm sti and a benz with headrest monitors and everything and you say you dont make a lot of money? Not only would the car be expensive, but also the fees to register a RHD car. Unless your parents are paying for it I do not see where you are getting all this money.

lets please drop this once again... thanks

whats your email bro. i can have to pics to you tomorrow. morries subaru, one of the highest respected dealerships in the us as for subies goes gets 3 a year that have acid rain or other damages to it. so i walked away with it for 43,000. and i pay for everything, i work for boston scientific. yea pretty sure i am pulling in over 6 figures, while attending college full time. anything else.
    -20\" IceMetal 888 rims
    -Hid headlights
    -Rockford-Fosgate Power 20001BD amp
    -Monitor molded into center console
    -4 Alpine Type R 12 subs
    -Euro headlights
    -Headrest monitors
    -Remus muffler
    more to list at another time

Ok time to lock it up now. I guess we all can say that

BangnBenz has a JDM STi with acid rain and other unk damamges.

and

99amgc43 is very rich because he has a used C43.

As BangnBenz asked for 99amgc43 email just take it to email and leave it off the boards.

Drive safe
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253