Thread: Boost Gauge Install

Post Boost Gauge Install

Does anyone have instructions on how to install a boost gauge on a W202? Better yet, on where to go? (Sacramento Area)
    1999 C230ML Kompressor
    K&N Drop In Filter
    Lorinser II Exhaust
    Smoked Front corners

Paul
    If you were to install yourself,there is a 5mm pipe on the pressure side of the SC,just Tee into it and run the pipe to a desired position for the gauge,if you want it to illuminate it you will need to pick up a feed of a lighting control.

I should install this me too, but I want it away from prying eyes

Like where the ashtray is

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

I have never heared anyone having a boost gauge in thier 202's. I think that would look sweet.
    RoyalFlush202

more than 2 members have it in their W202

luwin had one and smalled_c has one.

there are threads on this, search for a-pîllar or something.

Etienne

Originally posted by MrSpace
    I should install this me too, but I want it away from prying eyes

Like where the ashtray is

Etienne

why? its not like you got aftermarket S/c or trying to hide nos!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Paul
    lol it does help if you have boost to make your gauge work

Originally posted by jnolte
    why? its not like you got aftermarket S/c or trying to hide nos!
    well, I don't think it fits the car well on the A-Pillar. it makes the car less luxurious.

Plus, if you have a guage, it means you'Re in business, which shows you played with your engine. If you don't, then they think you're semi-stock:P

Etienne

OG Moderator
    more than 2 members have it in their W202, luwin had one and smalled_c has one.
    Ummmm... its slammed_c ...... and yes I have a boost gauge mounted on my A-pillar.

I put it on my a-pillar cause its easy to read.. no taking my eyes off the road to look down at an ashtray mounted gauge.

If you were to install yourself,there is a 5mm pipe on the pressure side of the SC,just Tee into it and run the pipe to a desired position for the gauge,if you want it to illuminate it you will need to pick up a feed of a lighting control.
    To get a boost reading on the gauge, you want to tap into the existing vacuum line on the back of the intake manifold.. not at the supercharger. use a "T" or "Y" fitting and tap into the existing vacuum line at the back of the intake manifold.. run the vacuum line for the gauge thru the fire wall on the drivers side, there is a gromet there.. its near the brake booster if you look under the hood. then mount your gauge wherever you want.. I wired my gauge into my headlight switch.. so when I turn on the headlight switch for lights/cluster illumination, the gauge lights up.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

I like it. What 3 gauges do you have? I am supercharging my car Oct 4. What gauge size and pod did you use? I am sure the rest is custom. Greatjob.
    Nate
    1998 C43 HPS STAGE 1 SUPERCHARGER, EVO SPORT PULLEYS, Evo Sport stage II ignition, BMS EXHAUST XPIPE
    2004 Mini Cooper S The Works (So C43 can rest)
    2003 ML320 Wifes
    1970 Triumph TR6 Rotary Power

CKlasse
    Nate,

You should look into Auto Meter Cobalt Series. I'd go for AFR, Boost, and tranny temp on a kompressed C43.

Regards

if I'm not mistaken, both Luwin and Slammed_C have modified second generation integras a-pillar pods (1990-1993) but I can be wrong. Nothing is made specific for our cars I think,

Etienne

OG Moderator
    Nothing is made specific for our cars I think,
    u are correct sir!

I like it. What 3 gauges do you have? I am supercharging my car Oct 4. What gauge size and pod did you use? I am sure the rest is custom. Greatjob.
    thanks, and yes its all very custom!!
    I used a tripple gauge pod made by auto meter from a 1994-1999 acura integra.. it fit the closest to the W202 A-pillar.. I actually moulded the gauge pod to my A-pillar and had it professionally flocked in a black material that closely matches the stock fabric. I just wanted it to look like it was meant to be there.
    the gauges I used are boost, a/f ratio, and oil pressure, all in the phantom line.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

what'S your a/f ratio after kleemann upgrade?

I think you have a chip also now. Do you know what changed in the a/f before and after the chip?

Etienne

OG Moderator
    what'S your a/f ratio after kleemann upgrade?
    I think you have a chip also now. Do you know what changed in the a/f before and after the chip?
    I dont know what my a/f ratio is now.. couldnt tell u.
    and as for my upsolute chip.. I believe the biggest thing that was changed was he retarded timing among other things.. dont know by how much tho.

Paul
    Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    Ummmm... its slammed_c ...... and yes I have a boost gauge mounted on my A-pillar.

I put it on my a-pillar cause its easy to read.. no taking my eyes off the road to look down at an ashtray mounted gauge.

To get a boost reading on the gauge, you want to tap into the existing vacuum line on the back of the intake manifold.. not at the supercharger. use a "T" or "Y" fitting and tap into the existing vacuum line at the back of the intake manifold.. run the vacuum line for the gauge thru the fire wall on the drivers side, there is a gromet there.. its near the brake booster if you look under the hood. then mount your gauge wherever you want.. I wired my gauge into my headlight switch.. so when I turn on the headlight switch for lights/cluster illumination, the gauge lights up.
    so true....boost reading would be inaccurate at the SC.

i like luwins former car...it looks like a plane from inside...

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADdAnEUacSygLKNrAW6OiviUEwKgdv!Gzc0pIy6g!R08fA*6 AHJjIxslQtkitqVCeIQA18TICoIh!68E2LKIwSeaKAyRClRuGG 08cfJhWE/EuroTuner5.jpg[/IMG]

Elvir
    Baaa