Thread: Group Dyno Day

Group Dyno Day - Concord, CA

I was at Sears Pt for the AFM 50 year Aniversery & Reunion of previous racing champions and got to talking to KC Gager an old friend of mine who also has a high performance motorcycle shop. He also has a Mustang dyno which is set-up to perform dyno runs on cars. He said he would really like to have a Saturday Mercedes Dyno Day. The shop is located in Concord, California.

I thought it would be fun to get a group together and give the cars a run. I posted the link to his shop below. I there is sufficient interest I will arrange a time to get together.

Jeff

http://www.brgracing.com/index.html
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

In Charge
    I went to my local "rice" shop, and they said that it would be difficult to get a dyno run on the car unless you can shut off the ABS and Traction Control.

I'm not too sure what kind of dyno they had, but the guy was pretty adamant about not dynoing my car.

Are there particular dyno machines that can be used to dyno an MB? If not, how do you go about properly getting a dyno run?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Hey Den, when you go through emmissions they give you your horsepower rating sometimes. When I went through with the Mustang it had my Horsepower rating. Also, there is a shop up in Woodenville that will do it for you.
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

In Charge
    Last time I did emissions, all they did was plug into my OBD II. read some stuff and then let me go.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

I'd be interested in going. Just need a when...
    1998 C43 Imperial Red 582
    2000 XE 4x4 Nissan Xterra

In Charge
    grover-

you got a pic of your car? never seen a red C43.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Denlasoul
    grover-

you got a pic of your car? never seen a red C43.
    I've seen one ..

pretty cool color I'd say..

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

No pics yet. I'll post as soon as possible.
    1998 C43 Imperial Red 582
    2000 XE 4x4 Nissan Xterra

im down to do the dyno if it will work on my c43.. lemme know cuz im in the bay area