Thread: Where to get flat hood emblem?

Where to get flat hood emblem?

I was just wondering where the best place to purchase a flat hood emblem?Are they all the same or are threre some generic ones out there?

good place to start looking...

You should start looking at www.search.com-

sorry, now I know why the mods get pissed. id go to www.formymercedes.com, jerry is a decent guy.

-sholly

ebay is a good start... type in mercedes flat hood emblem or somthing to that extent to search... i bought mine there, roughly $20-25 plus shipping...easy install too...
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

I was looking at some pictues of the emblems and they look pretty cheap in quality, is this true?

Originally posted by Nitrous911
    I was looking at some pictues of the emblems and they look pretty cheap in quality, is this true?
    If you're looking for high-quality flat hood emblems there are a few avenues to chase:

1. The dealership

2. Japanese made flat hood emblems

3. Make it yourself/find someone who knows how to make one:

If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

ban him!

Originally posted by Brabus
    ban him!

hahahaha....

Wait I dont understand,
    Are the flat hood emblems at the dealer different from the one's that performaceproducts sells or ebay one's sell? I always thought they were the exact same thing, same quality and everything...

my understanding is taht the ones the dealer sells are metal... the one i bought on ebay is maininly plastic.... idk for sure tho
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

OG Moderator
    The stock ones you get from the dealers and Performanceproducts are aluminum alloy. Those don't fit in the hole, its actually larger.

The tuners one off ebay fit nice, but the quality is so-so, its just a gelled sticker that you place over the chrome disk that fits nicely in the hole.

The Best flat emblem i've seen is the one from Japan, But they are pricey, my cousin recently bought a uesd on for 80 on Pnsji. But that thing is offf the hizzle nice and very detailed
    Got BRABUS?

Is there a website or something that I could look at how it looks like?

Try doing a google search for CAR EMBLEMS

Look on EBAY

call different dealers, some dealerscarry different ones than others

i know that...i was talking about the one made in Japan and the good quality ones.Dont want it too look cheap.