Originally posted by Sulaco
Looks like my next step is to replace the O2 sensor(s). Should I shell out the $300 and replace them both, or just the pre-cat sensor?

I'll be changing out the plug wires asap also, as well as the connectors on the coil-packs running down to the plugs. The plug wires did look a little crusty when installing new plugs the other day.

Plus, Autozone refuses to even plug into my car. It's a 94 and they won't even TRY to plug in their scanners and see if it has ODBII. I've read in several places that my car, although a 94, has ODBII and will work on the 96-current scanning systems. I called the dealership and they were saying it's $90 to diagnose my problem on their systems.
replace both O2 sensors, you can get them cheap at www.germanstar.net or www.thebenzbin.com
yes, your car is fully compatible with OBD2, if autozone wont scan it for you, just rent the scanner from them and do it yourself, the OBD2 connector on your car is located underneath the steering wheel closer to the center console, you will see a black rectrangular cover, flip it open and plug in the scanner.

nenad