Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Filter

You will have to rotate the engine by hand slowly to find the converter drain plug. There is a lot more fluid in there then I thought.

I thought their was a place in the engine, just like the oil area. When I can pull out a dip stick and look how much is their, then pour more fluid if its low. Thx

all w202 did not come with a transmission dip stick because they are no maintance units, you will need to buy a dip stick or go to the dealer

Alright, I got the fuel filter in the mail from German Star. I also got an air filter, but thats a diffrent story. As far as the fuel filter I bought the part # is 0024772701. When I finally got a jack and went under my car, I saw the fuel filter is 0024772801. With the third the last # being a 8 instead of a 7. I cant seem to find that part # on german star or anywhere else. Well I called my local benz dealer and they said these parts are the same, but diffrent manf. made them. WOOT, I thought I was in trouble. So I will install the filter now, and let you all know how it went. Also, this is my first time being under the jack, omfg, its scary. Thanks

Alright, I changed the fuel filter and the air filter. The car runs great now, I am happy I did all the work myself rather than a shop. I hope to be changing other things soon and working on my car more. Thanks for all the help everyone, now I can help the next rookie on his way up the ladder. Thanks everyone.